FIRST RCR 40 In GERMANY

Hallo,

I´m happy to announce the arrival of the first RCR 40 in germany.

After getting infected by the GT40 virus a few months ago, through this forum, i couldn´t resist the chance to buy the UK demo car, when it was offered to me by Chris Melia.
This weekend, my friend Gerhard an me drove to the UK, with my station wagon and an enclosed trailer. After a 15 h drive and a rough ferry ride we arrived at Chris´s home, where we were welcome very warm by his wife. After having dinner together we went in his garage, to take a first time look on the car ( which i just knew from pictures on this forum before). I WAS IMPRESSED. Although i already had expected a high quality product, what i found was even more than that.
Next day we did a full inventory of all the parts ,which should come with the DELUXEPLUS package and they all where there.
With the help of Chris, Andi and Martin Gough we loaded the car on the trailer and i can tell you it was a close fit.
file.php

file.php

file.php

After watching Chris and Martin fitting their ZFQ in to another GT40 in preparation for a tracktest, we had another delicious dinner with the Melia´s.
After going to bed early this evening ( Chris also provided us with a perfect acommodation, thank you again Chris !) we headed homewards early in the morning. After a 14 h drive ( avg speed with trailer 92 km/h)we arrived at my house.
Sven a motorcycle racing friend of mine, was arriving to help unloading the beauty. He is CNC mechanic as a proffesion and was also deeply impressed with the RCR Quality and concept. Having her savely in my garage, i do look satisfied ( SVEN´s son Jonas, is the one without the beer :D), don´t i ?
file.php

I like to thank all the people who helped me to make a dream come true.
My wife Helga, my kids, my friends , especially Gerhard.
Another big big "thank you" is going to the Melia family for there openess , help and support over the last days ( and of course for the delicious dinners) .
Watch out for a new built thread to be started in app 2 month as soon i have finished the built of my racebike Nr 2 for the upcoming season.
And finally some pictures of her:
file.php

file.php

file.php

TOM

Last edited:

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Tom -

Congratulations on your purchase! I can only imagine your excitement upon delivery of your RCR40! It sounds like Chris and his wife treated you very well - and based on what I've seen of the posts by Chris, it is no surprise to me. I have visited Fran's shop and all I can say is that you've made a VERY good purchase! I'll admit that I 'm biased because I purchased a SLC but the quality of Fran's products speak for themselves. Have fun and I look forward to your build thread!

Dave L

Congratulations, Tom! I love my RCR 40, the quality is excellent. I hope to install the engine and transaxle next week and then finish up the electrical work. THen it won't be long until first start!

Post a lot of pictures and have fun!

Urs

Supporter
Hallo

Sieht gut aus!!Wie könnte es auch anders sein bei einem 40iger.
bin schon fast n bisschen neidisch dass deiner wahrscheinlich früher zum ersten mal läuft als unserer!!;)
dass mit der besichtigung könnten wir dann schon so machen.
Gruss aus der Schweiz

Urs

Supporter
Hallo

Sieht gut aus!!Wie könnte es auch anders sein bei einem 40iger.
bin schon fast n bisschen neidisch dass deiner wahrscheinlich früher zum ersten mal läuft als unserer!!;)
dass mit der besichtigung könnten wir dann schon so machen.
Gruss aus der Schweiz

Tom

Wishing you all success with your build. My RCR arives in the UK in a few weeks so I understand how excited you must be.

Best wishes

John

Last edited:
hi, gratulation to this super-car, who will be the first on the road, ??, i think you are the first, the care looks great, and the alu-chassis ist the best.

much happy time with the car, greetings from vienna

TEAM JUST

Hallo all,

Thanks for the kind replies.

@ marcus

Congratulations, Tom! I love my RCR 40, the quality is excellent. I hope to install the engine and transaxle next week and then finish up the electrical work. THen it won't be long until first start!

Post a lot of pictures and have fun!

Following your´s and chucks built very closely.
Great build quaility.
I think forth and back about ordering the 2 " flares you have, but would like to go with 12" wheels ( just like the look of widened wheels). On the weekend i also had the chance to measure the AVOn Cr6ZZ in 295/50/15 on a 10" wheel. The tread width is a (dissapointing) 255 mm, total width is305 mm and the total diameter was 675 mm ( basically the same dimension as the 275/55/15 Bf Goodrich, even more dissapointing for me was the front tire dimension. The 215/60/15 on an 8" wheel measures: threadwidth =180 mm; total width = 225mm and diameter= 625mm, Has anyone measured the Cr6zz 235 front tire ?). So i wonder if i could put this tire on the 12" wheel. But i think i will put the car into the finished stage stance, aligne the body roughly and than decide, according to how it looks like than.

Last edited:

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Awesome Tom. Congrats. Finish that bike already so you can get crankin on the 40..!!!!

Chuck

Supporter
Tom: Welcome to the club. It has been seven months since we took delivery, and we have had more fun building the GT than a couple of gophers in soft dirt.

Chuck and Ryan

Welcome to the RCR family. I will tell you that it is by far the best handling car I have ever driven. You are in for quite a treat!rockonsmile

Back