For those who knew JAYPSC

I only knew Jay via his GT40s.com posts and was enjoying his build thread.

My condolences to the family and friends also.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Steve, my thoughts are with you and Jay's family as you travel this dark road. It is very very sad to lose someone so important in your life. Keep the good memories close, they will help light the way. God bless.

Mark

STEVE

This is very sad news, I did not get to meet jay, but did speak to him several times, about his gt40 and his build progress, he will be misted greatly, my condolences to his family and friends. Andy

No words will do, especially since he was so young. Condolences to his family, may their God be with them.

(I pm'd him recently and got a detailed and considered response next day)

John

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
It's always sad to lose a friend, which Jay was to all of us through his posts and build thread, but even sadder to realize the pain those close to him are experiencing. Sadly, Steve, there is nothing we can say that will ease that pain. Just know that you and Jay's family are in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this difficult time of your lives.

Doug

I'm not in the UK, so I can't make this offer, but would it be appropriate for some folks from GT40s.com to contact his family and offer to complete the car?

Looking at his build thread, it would be a shame to leave it unfinished.

When completed, his family could keep it, or they could donate to a charity for auction.

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Deepest condolences to his family and friends all over the world. His presence and enthusiasm for life, which was so evident in his posts, was a real plus to our 'family' and will be sorely missed.

Thoughts and prayers for all feeling the loss right now.

Many thanks, Jay,

T.

Hi guys, thanks for all the comments, I'll be printing of the forum posts and passing them on to his mother and sister.

I'm actually away from next week, I was taking my daughter to disney land for her birthday, and Jay was going to be house sitting for me. It's taken the wind out of my sails now and I don't really feel like going away at this time, I feel I should be there to help the family out, but by the same token I want to make sure my daughter has a good time, after all it is for her that we are going away.

I'm not sure what will be happening to the car and all the other bits, whatever his mother decides. It would be nice to complete his car, but I'm not sure if it's feasable, it's too early to tell what's going to happen.

I'll be in touch and let everyone know what's going on.

If anyone would like to add me to their msn, the id is rougen(at)drunkensailor.co.uk

I won't be on much as I'm going away but I will be on my return.

Thanks,

It really hate to hear such news. Anytime it is someone you feel you know, it hurts. Many of us knew him only through his post, but you could tell you liked him with the way he put his efforts into his love. His ethic, abilities, and contributions will be sorely missed.

Bill

A terrible shame. Met Jay at the NEC in October when he came to pick up his RCR, have also exchanged a few emails with him re the project.

Brings home the frailty of life. Certainly serves as catalyst for those who "put of untill tomorrow".

My condolences to his family and friends.

Miles

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
It's always a shock to hear of someone departing too soon.
Nothing can ease the loss, but take some solace in knowing that Jay touched so many people from all over the world in his short time on the earth.

My prayers will include you, his family and close friends,

Lynn

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
My deepest sympathies to all those closest to Jay. I feel like I've lost something today, even though I only knew him through his contributions here on the forum. I suppose it shows just how important this place is and how important it is to contribute to this community- Jay was a great contributor and will be sorely missed.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Bill.

P.S I always thought he had the coolest avatar.

i was just rereading his build thread and wondering when will the next update arive.....

and then I see this thread i was preying it would not be this.... i almost bursted into tears....

i feel like I've lost a friend, a good friend and member of this community

what happened, he was 40, what could have happened !

this whole thing is so twisted, life is so twisted, you are on you're way to making your dream reality, you have a loving wife and then you're gone

what could he and his loved one have done so wrong terribly wrong to deserve such harsh punishment ! ...

adios man ! although i did not ever meet you, you shall always be in my heart and soul

Back