fresh idiocy

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Does anyone out there have a 1975 or later Triumph T160 Trident that they want to sell? I keep missing them on eBay- the last one was a real sweetheart, but it was sold privately before I could bid on it.

Preferably maroon. As long as I'm a beggar, why not be choosy as well?

Keith or David, if you can find me a decent one of these I'd be eternally grateful, when I'm not cursing it for being what it is.....I think they were sold for another year or two over there, after Triumph packed it in here.....

Keith

That bike is NOT idiotic but you will be if you ride it! However you're my kind of idiot anyway and I'm a bit jealous. My last bike was a BSA Goldstar 500 but that was a millenium ago :) Getting pricey and rare here too but if they're about, this site will give you some idea..

Classic and Race Bike :: Used rare, performance and classic bike classifieds network

There was one available on the dreaded POA deal, and guess what? It sold within 2 hours of putting up. No idea what the price was but figure anything from £4k - £8k GBP depending on year/condition etc.

The GBP/USD rate will help you right now.

Good hunting and I'll keep the MKI Eyeball focused for you.

Best,

Keith

(I would add that I can only research from the relative safety of my abode. Cannot venture forth (or even 5th for that matter)

Jim my bike riding days were full of old Triumph`s, 3ta,5ta,tiger 100,white saint and various bonnies. The last one i had many moons ago was a yank spec 650 t120r which I sold in a time of need for £650 :furious:. Wish I had half of them now, Trident is a good choice but finding something un molested will be a challenge. I will get my brother who is a bike nut to ask about for you.

Bob

Keith

Jim my bike riding days were full of old Triumph`s, 3ta,5ta,tiger 100,white saint and various bonnies. The last one i had many moons ago was a yank spec 650 t120r which I sold in a time of need for £650 :furious:. Wish I had half of them now, Trident is a good choice but finding something un molested will be a challenge. I will get my brother who is a bike nut to ask about for you.

Bob

Ooh - did you ever own a Tiger Cub? I had one for a short time, but it was so small and I was so big, it looked like a monkey bike with me on it. Everytime we went mob handed to Brighton in '62/'63 all the boys on Shooting Stars, Tritons, Commanders, Road Rockets, Royal Enfield Crusader Sports and the odd Aerial Arrow (cough cough) used to take off at high speed and leave me behind with a max speed of around 65 mph - hardly Hells Angel's territory.

Every 10 miles or so at full chat, the motor used to slowly seize. I had to stop for ten minutes, smoke a fag or two and let it cool, and then off again. By the time I got to Brighton 'Gates' heading South on the A23, I would pass my mates who would be heading North and home already.:veryangry:

Still, it was a game little machine with a big sound.

Then came the Gold Star :evil:

Back