Getting a Paint Code - Help!

Ron Earp

Admin
Guys,

I saw a really nice color I liked on a Lamborghini Murcielago that I saw on TV, a burnt orange sort of color.

Here is a photo I pulled from the lambo site:

Now, how can I go about finding that paint code or color?
lambo.JPG

[ March 01, 2003: Message edited by: Ron Earp ]

Hmm... Should be easy... Go to any store & pick up a copy of the DuPont registry. There's alwaws a bunch of Lambo ads in it. Several Lambo dealers use the correct color names, versus just 'black', 'orange' etc. I suppose you could always call the dealer, ask for their Parts/paint shop, and ask them. Any good paint supply should be able to mix it for you. The will need either the name or the paint code. Good luck!

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Ron,
Theres a Lamborghini franchise here in High Wycombe UK and the boss is also a GT40 nut - has had a Saphir - and I'll show him your picture on Monday. What he doesn't know about them isn't worthy of comment.
Dave

Ron Earp

Admin
David, that would be wonderful! I haven't checked around locally, but I am pretty sure the nearest dealership for me is about 150 miles out in Charolette. Thanks, Ron

Ron, I think Nissan is using that color on their new "Z" car. I passed a Lambo that color about three weeks ago.... you could see it coming for miles!

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Ron,
I was given a different paint code from Bill so this may need checking unless its a different paint ,say, from PPG.
The paint shop at Modena cars are saying its 0056 GIALLO ORION MICA, which is a 3 stage pearl. The ground coat is flatted totally blemish free, the base coat is the same code
paint , and finished with a lacquer.
Dave M

[ March 05, 2003: Message edited by: David Morton ]

David,

You are more than likely correct about the paint color code. I took an non-educated guess from a chip on a color chart. It isn't the best way to pick a color, especially for the color challenged, like myself!

Ron,

My sincere apologies for the error!

Bill
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Bill,
Pretty good guess though.
added on 7th March
Modena have the exact colour on the exact car
in their showroom this afternoon. I can see it on a -40 now Ron, it would look incredible
Dave

[ March 07, 2003: Message edited by: David Morton ]

Back