Good bye Locost 7 Hello GT40!!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I typically do drill pilot holes in things that I would like a precision hole in - so I would have to say that I did. My memory is not what it once was....

I was using my 1/2" variable speed cordless drill.. I did get the holes where I needed them, but on the first side it took a chunk out of the gel coat and scarred the fiberglass (repaired now)... It was just hard to control with a hand drill. I use the same cutter many times with my drill press where I have precise feed control..

Good to be making some forward progress again.
Sometimes life happens in between all of our manly plans.
October was a very difficult month as my mom passed after a 4 year battle with liver disease. She spent a lot of time in our home and watched my progress over the last couple years.
So Working on the rear uprights. Painted them with epoxy chassis paint.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 510
Sad to hear about your Mom -
The image of your Mom at your home watching her boy working on his toy car --- must have warmed her heart in so many ways.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
So sorry to hear of your Mom's passing... Our prayers go out for you and your family...
I'd be willing to bet your Mom was very proud of you and your accomplishments.. Mom's are like that.. We make a mud-pie for them when we're 4 and they smile at our creativity... Nice upright Dave.. You're Mom would think so too!

Re: DP GT40

Thank you Bob and Brian

Made some spacers last week for fitting the rear clam had been using nylon washers. I detest torx bolts. Trying to remove the Scorpio axle from the stub axle and have broken several t40 bits

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    290.8 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:
Have been making some little steps forward. The last lights I need we're the Bee hive turn signal lights. LEDs seem to be so much brighter I opted for these 2" bee hive LEDs. My wife got the for me for Christmas.
They came with an grommet retainer which was too large to fit in the proper location because of the large round driving lights. So I turned down some aluminum and made a couple bezel rings today. Need to add screw holes then they will be done .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 484
Re: DP GT40

Thank you Bob and Brian

Made some spacers last week for fitting the rear clam had been using nylon washers. I detest torx bolts. Trying to remove the Scorpio axle from the stub axle and have broken several t40 bits
Before you try to undo them get a pin punch that just fits inside the Torx head and give it light smack with hammer, this is usually enough to 'break' the hold on threads & head of bolt. This works for cap screws as well. Grind a ball end on punch so it self centres.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Before you try to undo them get a pin punch that just fits inside the Torx head and give it light smack with hammer, this is usually enough to 'break' the hold on threads & head of bolt. This works for cap screws as well. Grind a ball end on punch so it self centres.
I’ve used that trick many times. Learnt it back in my early motorcycle days trying to get steel bolts out of alloy housings..

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I have an Impact Driver like that one in my tool box Ian.. pretty handy for those stubborn ones!

Back