Good Moaning. Les Paul Guitar Anyone?

Keith

Blues on the Bagpipes?

Oy.

I would have thought bagpipes more suitable for C&W but as there are remarkable similarities between the two genres - anything is possible.

Both tend to invoke suicidal thoughts in the normally challenged.

Keith

No well, I'm bored now. Been practising for 2 days and can now play the entire solo from Freebird behind my neck, whilst upside down drinking a pint of Guinness.

What next?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Feel free to substitute "Bagpipes" for "Accordion:

Accordion Jokes

And to be honest, I LIKE the pipes! "Amazing Grace" on the highlands WILL bring water to my eyes...................my wife, not so much. She pretty much HATES the pipes!

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
New Tele in the paint shop this week

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 179

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
How are you getting along with installing your new pots Keith ?
The Tele has polished up nicely and I am fitting Callaham parts to it along with a Strat which will have to wait until summer again to do some nitro spraying.
Recently I've cut some more maple tops for carving over the Christmas holiday.

Attachments

• Telecaster Nov 13 - 01.jpg
    Telecaster Nov 13 - 01.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 197
  • Strat Nov 2013 -01.jpg
    Strat Nov 2013 -01.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 215
  • Top No 1 - Oct 2013.jpg
    Top No 1 - Oct 2013.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 202
  • Top No 2 - Oct 2013.jpg
    Top No 2 - Oct 2013.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 212
  • Top No 3 - Oct 2013.jpg
    Top No 3 - Oct 2013.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 188
  • Top No 4 - Oct 2013.jpg
    Top No 4 - Oct 2013.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 201

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Just got a 78 GIbson RD aArtist here. Moog electronics that do....something. Fantastic guitar to play though. Gibson's top of the line for a few years.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
@ Jeff,
It's a bit like a longer scaled Firebird ? - very nice. The '79 Norlin has a shorter neck than the earlier years.
I have some very special lemon coloured Korina wood in the loft and will start on a lefty '58 Flying V soon on a rule of 18 scale. It should only weigh about 7 lbs maximum.

@ Mark,
I know what you mean mate.
This one is made to a very early 50's "Black Guard" spec' with a deep thick neck.
I did it for the hell of it to go with my Tweed amp and like it a lot now.
I found some pretty hot custom pickups so it will have some the typical Tele twang but it should get good mid to bass rock tones at the flick of a 4-way selector.

Keith

How are you getting along with installing your new pots Keith ?
The Tele has polished up nicely and I am fitting Callaham parts to it along with a Strat which will have to wait until summer again to do some nitro spraying.
Recently I've cut some more maple tops for carving over the Christmas holiday.

Hi James, well they arrived eventually and because of the delay he included "tone bleeds" for free whatever they are. They look tidy, all wired up and labelled. I haven't been well and am trying to finish a sound system for a pub that has been on my dining room table for 6 months, and on my stairs, in the kitchen, under the stairs and behind the TV, so I got to get R done first.

I will take a pic this weekend and throw it up here so you can give me the benefit of your undoubted guitar guruhood before I attack the LP with my hammer.

Tone bleeds?

In the meantime, I have rediscovered my 335 copy and whilst the Entwhistle PUPs are OK, think that a small investment into something more authentic might pay tonal dividends. P90's? What do you think?

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Keith,
Tone bleeds are capacitors to modify any increase your treble when you drop your volume switch. It suppresses this increase in treble to maintain mids and bass.
One of my favourite pickup winders is a Brit so check out his selection before you go to the market for your 335 replacements. The other company name is Wizz owned by a luthier genius named Alex in Croatia.

https://bareknucklepickups.co.uk/main/

I have a bare 335 body here somewhere and my plan was to fit P90s with ears and the Bare Knuckles are the business. Plenty of necks around so you never know.
The new Tele will have Bare Knuckle "The Boss" single coils.

Good luck mate.

Keith

Here is the new wiring Jimmy

Bonus shot - Pub sound system in my face...:shocked:

And as for those Barenuckly PUPs mate. The Blu-Note P90's are something else. What a tone! I'm not really a blues person, but I do like the 'clean' sound and if I can achieve that with my 335, the electro-acoustic Yamaha 500II is staying in the shop.. :) (and at £145.00 for a matched pair - it's going to need to)

Thanks for the heads up.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
'Done this kind of work before Keith ?
Very neat if I may say so.
I'm glad you fancy those Bare Knuckles. The guys there are great to deal with.

I am no guru here but I do like fettling nice wood that's all and one of these days I will learn to play these things properly.

Keith

'Done this kind of work before Keith ?
Very neat if I may say so.
I'm glad you fancy those Bare Knuckles. The guys there are great to deal with.

I am no guru here but I do like fettling nice wood that's all and one of these days I will learn to play these things properly.

I've always been wired Jimmy..... :) Wood. Yes, I bought a Fairey Huntress back in '92 and no-one could understand why I used to like painting & varnishing it more than driving it! Or rather I never minded. I had a hot moulded Fairey Albacore racing dinghy too that I would be delighted to spend 6 months on, every year, just, you know, fettling is a good word I suppose. I was the same with cars and now all I have left is racks full of old school audio electronics, never mind your flipping Bluefinger and ESB or whatever.

Which reminds me.

Anyway, thanks for your help. I was going to apologise for thread drift and then I realised I'm the OP anyway. I'm just a bit wrong aren't I.:worried:

Back