Grass Roots Motorsports

Just finished reading my free issue of Grass Roots Motorsports. I got to tell you, this is a great mag, and one you should take a serious look at. It is billed as the hardcore sports car magazine and that it is. It will give you a lot of info from tire test of the latest DOT race rubber ( Race Rubber Report ) to a build project ( project rotorary spitfire )that is an ongoing project. This months article is about the upgrading of the electromotive TECII engine management system to the TEC III. For those not in the know, this is a distributorless ignition system and fuel management system for fuel injected engines. It is the most through article I have seen outside Electromotive's web site. There are four programable outputs that allow the control of items like a radiator fan, shift light,torque converter, air-conditioner clutch, turbocharger wastegate, or even nitrous oxide /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
There are some new sources of parts and accessories. For those in the S.E. US there is part of an editorial about Balanced Performance Motorsports. ( chassis dyno, brake systems, custom fabrication ) I'll be visiting them in the next day or two.
Check them out at web page ( hope that comes through ) supposed to be www.grassrootsmotorsports.com

Bill

Ron Earp

Admin
I agree with you Bill. GRM is excellent and is really geared toward people that can and will do it themselves. They are serious about going fast and provide a lot of excellent information regarding the sport. Best I've seen anywhere with respect to motorsports at the accessable level - not some pie in the sky race team information.

Ron

I agree. It is a very good magazine. A lot of good tech articles most of the time. If you are a hands-on kind of person or a racer want-to-be then you will enjoy this magazine.
Jim Seisser

I have been getting this magazine now for a couple of years now. For dreamers like myself on a low budget this has been an excellent source of information on racing, modifying and dreaming about racing at the next level.

Back