GT40 Apparel

Hi all,

I started this thread with Ron Earp's permission as a one-post entry to gauge interest in custom GT40-themed embroidered clothing. If I get enough responses, I'll advertise on GT40s.com as a regular vendor with a link to my web site. The site is not yet online, and will only become active if I find enough interest here. So please, if this interests you, post a message to that effect.

Not long after joining GT40s.com over a year ago, a co-member made an inquiry about finding GT40-themed clothing. Being a graphic and web designer, I offered to create a graphic for him to have embroidered. I then realized that although there is a sub-forum for GT40 apparel, it seems rather difficult to find, and custom embroidery would be prohibitively expensive. So I bought a commercial embroidery machine and taught myself embroidery. I've created graphics of 40s from different angles, in both solid and outline form. I can change colors, stripe patterns, Guerney bubbles, etc. with ease. This has effectively taken the "custom expense" out of custom embroidery. In other words, you won't be charged a digitizing fee (anywhere from $30-$150) for your design to be created, because the leg work has already been done.

Unfortunately, the owners of the official GT40 logo are unwilling to license it for reproduction. Fortunately, I have occasional moments of creativity, and I came up with a logo that may not look good as a steering wheel center cap, but looks pretty cool on a hat or shirt (see attached).

My reasons for creating this business are 1. to fill a void, and 2. to create additional income and buy my own GT40 kit. Please don't tell my wife, or I'll be buying her a Jaguar instead.

Again, if you're interested in having access to reasonably priced GT40-themed clothing, please answer this post.

Thanks,
Ron Martel
Houston, TX

Attachments

• GT40s_Logo.jpg
    GT40s_Logo.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 387
Thanks for the interest so far, guys. Here is some of the artwork, a couple of pictures of actual stuff I've embroidered, and the last one is a t-shirt I'm thinking about having screen-printed, again if there's enough interest. Ron has been gracious enough to allow me to "test the waters", so I can't use all his bandwidth by showing all of my stuff here, but I'll say that I have pre-digitized both MkIs and MkIIs in front, angle and side views, all in solid and outline forms. And again, if there's enough interest, you'll see it alll on my web site soon enough.

Attachments

• MkI_Angle_OL.jpg
    MkI_Angle_OL.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 365
  • MkI_Gulf_Fr.jpg
    MkI_Gulf_Fr.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 360
  • Hat_01.jpg
    Hat_01.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 398
  • Hat_02.jpg
    Hat_02.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 366
  • 123Composite.jpg
    123Composite.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 405
Its hard to find quality stuff for the GT40....other then Stephen above (I have two of his designs) I'd love more options. Count me in....

Can do, Mike. My website will have a catalog for hats, t-shirts, polo shirts, denim shirts, hoodies, windbreakers, camp shirts, bombers, just about anything you would want a GT40 on (and maybe some stuff you wouldn't). And if I don't show it, that doesn't mean I can't get it.

Ron

Can do, Mike. My website will have a catalog for hats, t-shirts, polo shirts, denim shirts, hoodies, windbreakers, camp shirts, bombers, just about anything you would want a GT40 on (and maybe some stuff you wouldn't). And if I don't show it, that doesn't mean I can't get it.

I think you are poised to become an awfully big fish in an awfully small retail pond. I think if you step up and register with Ron, and start sharing the link to your website and offering specific items for sale, that the people here will make it more than worth your while! :thumbsup:

Back