GT40 Manufacturers

Hi.
How many maufacturers are there of GT40 replicas in the USA?
It appears that RCR is by far the most popular, and it is not hard to see why, what about the others?

Safir
Tornado
?
?
?
?
?

Thanks everyone, this is the best group I have ever come across.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Maily,

there are a few more available in the USA and more again in Europe...there is something for everyone.
USA
CAV
SPF
ERA
Active power
Turn Ten

UK
Southern GT
MDA
Tornado

Last edited:
Hi Maily,

Although Tornado TS40's are produced in England, they are available world-wide. Soon we will be launching US specific kits, at very competitive pricing, as always.

They are also the most complete kit currently available, although we do sell less complete kits, like our competition.

I can also say without doubt that the Tornado TS40 is the "Most Popular" GT40 replica ever made. My USA demonstrator is chassis #875. No one else even come's close! Tornado TS40's have been in full uninterrupted production and development for the last eighteen years.

Other manufacturers have come and gone, Tornado Sports Cars is here to stay!

Please visit our website and see for yourself.

Cheers,
Scott

Last edited:

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Maily,

Although I have (with some help, mind you) an RCR40 in the works right now, I had the distinct pleasure of carefully inspecting a finished DRB just a few weeks ago. From what I saw, DRB is an excellent package and one you should carefully consider since, for starters, I understand it comes from your corner of the world.

Best,

T.

Hi T.

Thanks for your posting. I like the DRB, however I have emailed them 5 times in the last 2 months and received no replies at all. With RCR, it is a totally different story. You will receive a reply from Fran even if you do not ask for it. To me, and it is only my opinion, because I would not know Fran if I fell over him and have never spoken to him, his dedication to customer statisfaction, suggestions and service appears to be miles ahead of all the others. I like the relatively simple design and construction of his chassis and it seems to be very strong. If I was to build my own chassis, which I may do in the future, I would definately use the RCR chassis as a base design.

Cheers

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Hi T.

Thanks for your posting. I like the DRB, however I have emailed them 5 times in the last 2 months and received no replies at all. With RCR, it is a totally different story. You will receive a reply from Fran even if you do not ask for it. To me, and it is only my opinion, because I would not know Fran if I fell over him and have never spoken to him, his dedication to customer satisfaction, suggestions and service appears to be miles ahead of all the others. I like the relatively simple design and construction of his chassis and it seems to be very strong. If I was to build my own chassis, which I may do in the future, I would definitely use the RCR chassis as a base design.

Cheers

Hi Maily,
I have a DRB and have had a long association with Peter Ransom the CEO of DRB and know that he is as keen to get business as any manufacturer. I suggest that your emails may be judged as Spam by his Firewall. Otherwise I am sure they would have replied to them. If you would like to PM me your email address and phone number I will make sure that they are passed on to DRB.

Charlie M

Supporter
I've purchased parts from DRB and had no problems communicating with them. I thought they were good people to deal with.

Charlie

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Maily,

It's not just you. My attempts to communicate with Mr. Ransom have been less than satisfying. I purchased parts from Denis as the business was changing hands with good results; however when I tried to purchase some additional items after the sale of the company was complete, I was never able establish a conversation with Peter.

It appears to be all or nothing with him as those who have had good results in dealing with him seem to be quite happy. But, as to how the decision is made whether one person is worthy of good communications and another isn't, I obviously don't have a clue.

Regards,
Lynn

TORNADO MFG: "For Sale"....Listed for $69.9K..Show car.. This PRICE seems "medium" value? Should be worth more? Is this a good price?

Attachments

• GT40 Tornado full car RED.jpg
    GT40 Tornado full car RED.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 896
  • Gt40 Tornado rear view.jpg
    Gt40 Tornado rear view.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 876
Last edited:
Hi Maily & Lynn

At GT40 Australia we always try to reply to our emails the same day that we receive them (we receive 20 to 40 each day) and as I am generally in the office 7 days a week we usually achieve this.

I am sorry if we have missed any of your requests for information or parts, but our records do not show that we have received any emails from you. It could be that our spam filter is too fine.

Our DRB GT40 Australia USA Dealer, Cary Gressinger in Portland Oregon, has recently completed his own demonstrator (1075 replica, photos on the Forum), has almost completed his first customer car and has a very good understanding of the DRB GT40.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Best regards

Peter Ransom

It's not just you. My attempts to communicate with Mr. Ransom have been less than satisfying. I purchased parts from Denis as the business was changing hands with good results; however when I tried to purchase some additional items after the sale of the company was complete, I was never able establish a conversation with Peter

Lynn you're not alone I had the same problem as soon as I paid my deposit for my kit, I never got to talk to Peter Ransom again. He was allways to busy to talk or not available ,Maybe it's because I'm on the other side of the country I don't know but I gave up quick. I'm not bagging DRB but the fact is true.
On the other hand I have sent several PM's to RCR over the past year regarding parts and never got a answer either.

Last edited:
Hi Dave,

I just can't resist the opportunity for a shameless plug...........

You will ALWAYS be able to get in touch directly with Andy Sheldon or me, either by e-mail or voice, and almost always the same day.

If Tornado Sports Cars can be of any assistance please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Scott

Hey Scott
I must admit that when I enquired to Andy about reasonably priced Tail lights for my DRB I got an answer within days and they where in my hot
hand across the world a week later.

Hi Maily,
Unfortunately I have to agree with you and your experience with Peter Ransom.
As I flew up to visit Peter one Saturday morning a month ago to place an order for one of his DRB GT40, but I had a few questions regarding his chassis and the Ford 5.4 ltr engine and he did not want to discuss the issue and just walked off.
Interesting way to treat a potential customer,
must be a new sales skill.

I than proceed to investigate my requests with another person, a week or so later, and to my surprise I was right and these modifications need to be carried out on a number of DRB chassis.

If this is what Peter is like, trying to get money from you, what would he be like once he has received it.

I have to be honest, the first time I traveled to DRB, Peter was very helpful, very welcoming and more than happy to discuss his GT40,
so maybe I caught him on a bad day.

So in all, from my investigations, the DRB GT40 is a very good car and I would of been very happy to purchase a DRB GT40,
but since my second experience with Peter, I have been looking at the RCR GT40 and the finish and quality of this car is exceptional and possibly better than the DRB,
Fran is very forthcoming with information and can not do enough to help and support the RCR product.
So I am now considering purchasing the first RCR GT40 in Australia, just waiting for Fran to return for the family holiday.

These are my experiences with DRB.

Thanks,
Neil

Hi Neil.

I have to agree with you on all counts.
Like I said in an earlier post, I would not know Fran if I fell over him, but he will reply to all questions and problems.
It is also nice to see a manufacturer, compliment the work people have done on building an oppositions car.
It is very hard to get a second chance at making a good first impression, and from my own experiance, Frans first impression is excellent.
Others have not been so good.

Hey Maily,
Have you given Paul or Owen a call from the new RF as I find them most helpfull on all requests. Their chassis is ADR approved and very rigit by all standards. Give them a look as you won't be dissapointed.

Bob

Back