GT40 Mk1

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I was looking through old photos and came across this thread.

This is very impressive work, does anyone know what became of this project?

bit of a update

Attachments

• fispa fuel system 040.jpg
    fispa fuel system 040.jpg
    467.4 KB · Views: 790
  • fispa fuel system 039.jpg
    fispa fuel system 039.jpg
    449 KB · Views: 747
  • fispa fuel system 038.jpg
    fispa fuel system 038.jpg
    456 KB · Views: 779
  • fispa fuel system 037.jpg
    fispa fuel system 037.jpg
    459.7 KB · Views: 733
  • fispa fuel system 036.jpg
    fispa fuel system 036.jpg
    448.5 KB · Views: 637
  • fispa fuel system 035.jpg
    fispa fuel system 035.jpg
    444.6 KB · Views: 627
  • fispa fuel system 033.jpg
    fispa fuel system 033.jpg
    434.9 KB · Views: 601
  • fispa fuel system 026.jpg
    fispa fuel system 026.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 604
  • fispa fuel system 025.jpg
    fispa fuel system 025.jpg
    446.8 KB · Views: 605
  • fispa fuel system 014.jpg
    fispa fuel system 014.jpg
    447.6 KB · Views: 553
update

Attachments

• fispa fuel system 013.jpg
    fispa fuel system 013.jpg
    434.9 KB · Views: 469
  • fispa fuel system 024.jpg
    fispa fuel system 024.jpg
    443.9 KB · Views: 450
  • fispa fuel system 020.jpg
    fispa fuel system 020.jpg
    445 KB · Views: 488
Last edited:
Nice going John.

What is the handbrake handle out of.
Or did you make it.

Jim

I think Anglia, can't rember one of thoes 60s fords,

Jim I would like bag tanks, waiting on some time exp bags to come up
at a fair price, might have a go at making some, if not my last resort is
to make alloy tanks

help required

I think I have seen the battery cut out switch fitted in this location in photo
just made a new bulkhead pannel and wanted to get it right if posible,

any photos would be good,

thanks John

Attachments

• grover2.jpg
    grover2.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 546
Good to hear (and see pics) from you John. Looks a bit rough, but as long as you're rushing things :).
This will be a work of art, to install in the lounge room.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
No lounge room is good enough for this car. John, if you pay my way to NZ for a holiday, I will make up the trapezes for your seats....

Hi John,
I just picked up this thread for the 1st time. Can assume your a fabricator by trade. It's really nice to see this kind of work, I'd like to think given time I could do something like this but I dont know if I have the patients. Maybe when I retire.
Looks really good , I think there are many who also enjoy this thread keep posting.

Jim, it would be good, but my budget might be a bit small!

Keith, background is electronics, cars are a hobbie,

Dalton, I have a spare pedal box casting and am considering fitting it out
as a peice of art or talking point, they are so neat, could sit under the glass
coffy table in the lounge,

Yep, do it John. Technical pieces like this are beautiful to anyone; you don't have to know what they are (of course, WE know and find them even more beautiful). A coffee table sculpture would be a great conversation piece, and also give people an idea of what you are spending so much time on, in the shed. Even though your wife is understanding, it may depend on her taste in decorations.
Anyway, keep up the great work, John. Will this car become, in time, a Shand family heirloom passed down to the oldest male?

a bit more done over the weekend

Attachments

• mono 001.jpg
    mono 001.jpg
    448.4 KB · Views: 547
  • mono 002.jpg
    mono 002.jpg
    440.3 KB · Views: 530
  • mono 003.jpg
    mono 003.jpg
    443.6 KB · Views: 509
  • mono 004.jpg
    mono 004.jpg
    446.6 KB · Views: 636

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
John your work is amazing to say the least, I really enjoy looking at your progress.

I have the material to make fuel blatters and the laser to cut out the pattern which has been drawn up by another member of ours. What we need is a hand held sonic welder to seam the joints together. These blatters would be great for saftey in our cars, its the same material used on aircraft fuel blatters.

John your work is amazing to say the least, I really enjoy looking at your progress.

I have the material to make fuel blatters and the laser to cut out the pattern which has been drawn up by another member of ours. What we need is a hand held sonic welder to seam the joints together. These blatters would be great for saftey in our cars, its the same material used on aircraft fuel blatters.

Yes I am looking into that as a option, can't be to hard to make, I have made an alloy tannk
as a tempery solution, but want to look at making bladers some time, I understand your bladers would be a different shape and maybe rib spacing, for some reason they changed the sponson shape?

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
John, your car is almost as nice as mine. The only problem you seem to be having is that you are taking so long to build it that the carburetors have gotten tired of standing up and they are leaning inward against each other. By the time you finish, you will have sidedraft Webers....

I'm kidding, of course. The car is sublime- it's really beautiful and the quality of your work is faultless. My offer still stands on putting the seat trapezes together. Having done my own, I could do a better job with yours. And it's getting to be spring down under. Put your offer in now....:)

Back