GT40 Mk1

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Yes I am looking into that as a option, can't be to hard to make, I have made an alloy tannk
as a tempery solution, but want to look at making bladers some time, I understand your bladers would be a different shape and maybe rib spacing, for some reason they changed the sponson shape?

Yes, exactly the same shape as the area of the sponson and reinforced backing for the ribs. This increases the capacity of the fuel and has many positive features, most of all safety. Mike Trusty has long advocated this type of fuel BLADDER and his idea to make these. I just happen to have everything to cut out and make them but the sonic hand welder which is pricey even on ebay.

bit of an update, made a jig to press the stiffening ribs for the rear closing cover and bulkhead

Attachments

• 079.jpg
    079.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 855
  • 080.jpg
    080.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 773
  • 083.jpg
    083.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 974

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
A simply amazing build John..

What is it that you do for a living? The talent shown here is more than just fabrication skill - but a dedication of pure love and precision.

Hi guys, just a note, I will be out of contact for a month or so in Tonga, just if you don't get a reply, I'm not being rude, just no internet access,

CHOP, change of plan, car sold, sad to see it go, but I expect the new owner will enjoy it as much as I have, thanks for all the help and support over the years,

What a disappointment to have no more chance to see this splendid work of art turn into a completed race car...

Altough, hope the new owner will show us what will became of this beauty.

Thanks for having shared those detailed pictures, and good luck for your next project.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
CHOP, change of plan, car sold, sad to see it go, but I expect the new owner will enjoy it as much as I have, thanks for all the help and support over the years,

I am shocked..... I have spent dozens of hours visiting this thread and others where you've shared your work... I do hope you stick around and share some of your talent and passions with us again!!!

I have been doing some GT40 work, and now wondering/considering if I should start again and build another one? or use my skills and gear to do something else?
taking another team to Tonga next week on a Discipleship training school, so maybe after that, time will tell

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Great to read you again John!!!!
I'm standing with Brian... You've got great skill and vision!

Back