GT40s Frappr available for you to find GT40s on google maps

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Folks,

Based on the positive comments I received, I've set up a GT40s Frappr that you can visit to view where GT40s are located on a Google map of the world and (more importantly) add yourself to the map. In my original post I outlined how this works with some recommendations on how to keep your car's actual location secure.

Here is the link: http://www.frappr.com/gt40s

It should only take about 30 seconds to add your car. I would recommend that as part of the "shout out" field you include the type of GT40 you have (FAV, CAV, RF...). For the "image" field (optional), I simply used my gt40s.com avatar.

If you can add a quick reply to this post when you add your car, that will help ensure that we keep this list growing.

Right now, it just has my (on order) RF but I'm hoping it will grow to quickly become (if not useful) interesting.

Best Regards,

Al H.

One other thing, if you click on a map pushpin, what ever info the car owner entered will pop up.

Attachments

• 68749-Untitled-1.jpg
    68749-Untitled-1.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 463
I've added myself Al.

i can't seem to zoom in at all though... :|
I don't get the zoom slider your image is showing above... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Re: GT40s Frappr available for you to find GT40s on google m

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get the zoom slider your image is showing above... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
The image above is just a static picture. You'll have to go to the actual site to use the sliders.

Al,
Great site and idea. I'm in. Hope all join so we can find each other easier.

Bill

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The image above is just a static picture. You'll have to go to the actual site to use the sliders.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ben, I realised that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
I cannot see any sliders on the site either, just a globe view. If I
click on anyone's details it takes me to the correct part of the world
but I can't zoom in, so can't see any more details that which country they live in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I've tried this on both my PC'sat home (laptop with 98, desktop with XP),
and now on this pc at work (desktop with XP), and none of them show the sliders.
I guess it must be some setting, but I'll be damned if I can see what I'm missing.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter

Guys

It seems to work with XP in the office.

There is a set of arrows on the top left for moving the map up / down and left and right.
Once you are over the general area there is a slider undeneath that acts as a zoom - slide it up then recenter etc.

Works well and the UK seems to be getting well populated!

Cheers
Ian

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter

Hi John,

It could be that your IE security setting are such that you don't allow any scripting to run. I assume that this page uses java and not active x as it works fine with Firefox. If you are using IE, you may want to see if using Firefox solves this problem. Sorry that I can't be of more help.

Best Regards,

Al

The level of detail is amazing. Someone mentioned about using a postcode or zipcode which isn't exact. I agree. Who lives here ? I know, although you won't be able to tell from this image, but if this is very close to the real house, it could be a little worrying.
Keep it safe, use a zipcode which is not quite yours !!

Attachments

• 68939-frappr.JPG
    68939-frappr.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 429

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

I'm in, terrific idea Al. I put the correct zip code in but the location shown is miles from the correct location of my house.

You're lucky - I can't get a frigging map to show at all! I presume that you can see me, but I can't see you.Mind you,I am at my work where every conceivable obstacle to communication is installed in the name of big company security,safety,etc.This is being typed to a perpetual background moan of - "is everyones PC slow as mine ?".

Ron

Can we make this post a sticky so it remains at the top for others to see and add their names?

Thanks
Bill D

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter

Hi Bill,

It's not sticky in "active topics", but Ron has already made it a sticky at the top of the the "All GT40" forum.

Best Regards,

Al

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter

FYI - I've changed the default view so that it is centered on Geneva, CH to allow everyone's pushpins to show without having to zoom around. (OK, for that reason and because I'm Swiss!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

Al

Attachments

• 69067-untitled.JPG
    69067-untitled.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 411

dennis jones from N.Y. That was easy to get in. surprised me, I barely know how to turn my comp on.

Argghhhh - tried time after time won't recognise my postcode or town or any town near me ....
What do you do to add yourself ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Back