Haynes GT40 workshop manual

Mike Pass

Supporter
I got my copy yesterday. I ordered it from Ebay from the Chaters Motoring Bookshop, Ebay store. Very quick delivery.
Had a quick flick through it. Not really a workshop manual of how to build and repair a GT40 but a collection of interesting pics and info. A lot of it is out there but it is all put together neatly in one place so it's very easy to get a good picture of the many aspects of the GT40.
Cheers
Mike

Mine turned up yesterday. Not much use as a 'proper' Haynes manual, I couldn't find anything on tyre pressures! :laugh:
Rgds,
Andy

I see that the GT 40 Haynes manual has been delivered across the pond. Anybody here in the colonies received a copy. I ordered mine in June of 2013 and haven't seen anything yet.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I too was a bit disappointed that, other than the cover, it isn't much of a Haynes Manual. Still, a nice addition to the collection.

I received mine a week ago. Must be one of the few times Canada received deliveries of something before the states.

Mark

Hi everyone. My friend Serge has issues installing his brand new wiring loom in his beautiful Sbarro GT40 :heart: (see http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-build-logs/38256-original-gt40-sbarro.html), he desperately needs some wiring diagrams (in his car, everything is on original specifications), to convert this viper's nest into a decent wiring harness, in a not too far future.:uneasy:

Before eventually buying this Haynes “manual”, can the happy fellows who have already received their copy, say me if there is some info on wiring a GT40 in that book…:anxious:
(By the way, any other help would be appreciated on that wiring matter.:thumbsup:)
Thanks

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Still waiting to receive mine as I have been on the pre-order list from the beginning... Getting a little peeved at Amazon right now...

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Mine showed up a couple weeks ago and I share the sentiment about it being nice but not what I expected.

Bob,

Originally, when I saw this post, I couldn't download anything else than that curious handwritten GTD build manual.
Tried a second time 10 min ago, and it worked ! Great !

It seems Haynes have created some confusion.... ( it was bound to happen ).

There is a large range of these 'pseudo work shop manuals'. I have seen the range grow over the last few years at the shop at Duxford IWM.
You can get a 'manual' for Avro Lancaster, Spitfire, Mosquito & so on.

They even do them for London Underground, Heathrow Airport, Type 45 Destroyer, USS Enterprise ( Star Trek ), there's loads of them.

All good fun, but no, not workshop manuals.

There's some good stuff in the Haynes book, the Abbey Panels story, interviews with people like Richard Attwood, ie stuff that is new or has not been published before.

I don't see anyone being disappointed with it, unless they were expecting, well, a Haynes manual ............

Regards Steve

I bought the book (although not yet received) just for shits and giggles. I will be shocked to see actual diagrams explaining how to remove and replace bits of the car in a general attempt to explain "how to" make a repair. I thought it would be nice to have sitting on a seat at a car show just for fun. I'm looking forward to its receipt.

Just received an e-mail from Amazon advising that my Haynes GT40 manual scheduled to ship this week has know slid to mid October. As I said in an earlier post, I hope to live long enough to actually receive this book, which was ordered 18 months ago.

Amazon please hurry, I'm driving up on my 3 score and 10 year mark. I don't know how much longer I can hang on!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Just received an e-mail from Amazon advising that my Haynes GT40 manual scheduled to ship this week has know slid to mid October. As I said in an earlier post, I hope to live long enough to actually receive this book, which was ordered 18 months ago.

Amazon please hurry, I'm driving up on my 3 score and 10 year mark. I don't know how much longer I can hang on!

I got the same notification and I am an Amazon Prime member, so now I know what that membership is worth.. :stunned:

Back