I HATE electrical problems!

Got my SLC back from Allan and am in the process of making seats. Used the remote to open the door and the door opened 3" and stopped. Further investigation revealed a dead battery. So I hooked up the superduper Optima smart charger and it got the battery to 100% within 24 hours.

That was a week ago. In the next few days I opened and shut the doors maybe three times. I always hit the master "off" button after finishing whatever I'm doing with the car.

Today the doors don't budge at all. The battery shows 5.5 volts on the Optima charger, which it is on right now. It's a new Optima battery.

I have a learning disability when it comes to things with wires. Any ideas, that I could pass on to someone smarter around here?

JR

Where are you measuring the voltage? If it's not between the battery terminals, I'd suspect a bad ground connection.

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Does your master off button cut power to the ISIS system? The ISIS system draws a lot of power, even when idle - a week is plenty of time for ISIS to drain the battery.

Does your master off button cut power to the ISIS system? The ISIS system draws a lot of power, even when idle - a week is plenty of time for ISIS to drain the battery.

this - if your battery is hooked up you need to power off the isis when the car isn't running otherwise it go nom nom nom on your battery in short order

1252724057445281.jpeg

Yes, the Master Off switch cuts power to ISIS. That's the point of it--so this wouldn't happen.

JR

Check for a parasitic drain when the car is powered off. That's likely what is draining the battery, assuming you are powering the car (i.e., InfinityBox) off.

There's an article on the slc wiki about this topic here.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
You say you used the remote to open the doors

Does the door opener and also the alarm system draw power before you master cut off switch

If so I would suspect this is the circuit on which you have your residual current draw when the car is not in use

Ian

Have similar problem if i dont turn the alarm on, on the car, the battery goes flat because the immobiliser is a constant drain on the system unless the alarm and immobiliser is activated( remember to activate immobiliser means turn the relays within it off.)

Back