Impending Divorse?

Ahh, the illusive Lotus 49! I think it's in the next build Pete (I know, I know). I have only just got myself the 79. How much fun is that bad boy? I notice from your stats, that you use that car a lot! Hopefully we'll catch each other on track at some point.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Ahh, the illusive Lotus 49! I think it's in the next build Pete (I know, I know). I have only just got myself the 79. How much fun is that bad boy? I notice from your stats, that you use that car a lot! Hopefully we'll catch each other on track at some point.

Hopefully we will, the 79 is a real challenge,but a lot of fun once you work it out. I race mostly in the Tasman league and am two to three seconds slower than the aliens depending on the track. Time differences are a problem for me. Living down under .

I'm the same Pete. I have focused on the Skip Barber series, this being my first season, with two races to go I am P7 in Division 4, which is surprising. I manage to run regularly in the top 5 in official races, although I mainly focus on the UK&I league races, where we have grids of 30-40 starters regularly and many Aliens. There I tend to run mid pack, roughly 1 second slower than the really fast guys.

Prediction

Mark in 12months.
Sitting at his PC in last week’s clothes, stinking because showers consume time.
Surrounded by 3 days’ worth of meal plates with decaying food,6 coffee cups and numerous discarded food rappers.
A 3 week growth with eyes the size off dinner plates fixed on the screen.
Mumbling obsessively about putting in the perfect lap.
A wife who has long since given up on her husband and has found a job to support the family.

The world of vertual reality has a dark side my friend.
BE WARNED.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Other than budget constraints over the last few years, the only thing holding me back from building my own Racing SIM was the hideous synthesized engine sounds...

:furious: darn it all anyway :furious:

Now I have to go and build one!!!!:thumbsup:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Jim you nailed it, except in my case it's beer cans. Maybe if I drink coffee instead I'll drop a second or two from my time.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I'm the same Pete. I have focused on the Skip Barber series, this being my first season, with two races to go I am P7 in Division 4, which is surprising. I manage to run regularly in the top 5 in official races, although I mainly focus on the UK&I league races, where we have grids of 30-40 starters regularly and many Aliens. There I tend to run mid pack, roughly 1 second slower than the really fast guys.

The skip is a good start point, you have been doing well there so you will enjoy the Lotus. You will also find a more courteous and helpful lot of drivers.

Back