Injection stack covers?

Doug Dyar

Supporter
I'm looking for a set of injector stack covers for my Borla setup.

I had a set of red rubber ones for my Webers that were snapped on to prevent stuff falling into the open stacks.

Anyone know if such a thing exists for the Borlas?

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 536

Glenn M

Supporter
I'm looking for a set of injector stack covers for my Borla setup.

I had a set of red rubber ones for my Webers that were snapped on to prevent stuff falling into the open stacks.

Anyone know if such a thing exists for the Borlas?

Yes! They are readily available, especially after Wimbledon! ;) :D (And can even be custom made)

Attachments

• 20191102_121623.jpg
    20191102_121623.jpg
    528.8 KB · Views: 579
Yes! They are readily available, especially after Wimbledon! ;) :D (And can even be custom made)

"Great minds think alike" as my dad used to say, although he sometimes added "fools seldom differ" on the end :) , just the job I was doing today. Although my trumpets not being as big as yours, meant I had to drill holes in my balls to get them to fit, so they don't line up as nicely as yours do :(

Doug Dyar

Supporter
I was reading along, thinking this might be a solution, until I got to the part about drilling my balls to get to them to fit...

Bill Kearley

Supporter
I got mine from Borla, they are K&N parts. They have the rights along with Roush

Attachments

• GOPR0758.JPG
    GOPR0758.JPG
    450.3 KB · Views: 559

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I saw a set once for Webers that was made out of Branston pickle jar lids (No Branding thereon)
Nicely chained together and snug fit over the trumpets. Being that small they were carried in the door pocket.

Ian

Bills b sells the tea strainer style that pop over the top of the horn using an over molded soft rubber. You can find them on eBay or call borla. Not cheap. $330/set.

Eric B

Eric
I got mine from Borla, they are K&N parts. They have the rights along with Roush

Bill, is that a heat shield you constructed between the headers and the injection? I may have to address that on my build currently in progress.

Who made the headers? They are purdy!

E

Bill Kearley

Supporter
Yup, a piece of alu with a bend that goes down close to the engine block and a piece of flat bar welded on and bolted to the intake manifold.
The headers are from GP Headers in Minnesota 218 493 4251

Doug Dyar

Supporter
Bills b sells the tea strainer style that pop over the top of the horn using an over molded soft rubber. You can find them on eBay or call borla. Not cheap. $330/set.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not looking for air cleaners. I have a set like Bill's.

I'm looking for covers that are put on when the engine's not running like over the winter or at a car show.

Doug Dyar

Supporter

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
I use the same K&N filters as Bill does. Protects the engine very well but still shows the beauty of eight stack injection.

If it is the Bill B I dealt with a few years ago, he was in Texas and made the filter covers for me that are in this picture. There is a coarse filter and fine filter that appear to work pretty good. They could be ordered with different filtration screens and I went with the finest mesh possible

Attachments

• IMG_1130 (002).PNG
    IMG_1130 (002).PNG
    1 MB · Views: 403

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
it was only 12 years ago.....

#57 for mine

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 413