Is the right to bear arms outdated.

Keith

Well Jim, I saw it as a Joke, but I am a foreigner...

Not a very funny joke, but a joke nevertheless..

Your turn.

Post a funny, untrue blatant lying hypocritical, facetious, character assassinating, plain ridiculous, incredulous story about your political opponents and balance the books.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
They present bullshit like this almost daily and millions of gullible people actually do believe it.

"Bullsh--"? Really? Conservatives pedal "bullsh--" daily do we?

In random order (as they come to me), how about: “No matter how we reform health care, we will keep this promise to the American people… If you like your health care plan, you’ll be able to keep your health care plan, period. No one will take it away, NO MATTER WHAT" ('also said if you like your doctor, you can KEEP your doctor)...and then he lied about is lie by saying: “Now, if you have or had one of these plans before the Affordable Care Act came into law and you really liked that plan, what we said was you can keep it if it hasn’t changed since the law passed" which was PURE "B..S"! But, to continue: "...EVERYBODY will be covered", "...premiums will GO DOWN $2,500 a year", "...you'll get BETTER coverage for less money", "...Obamacare is NOT a tax", "...Benghazi was a spontanious demonstration caused by a 'video", "...red line in the sand", "...will close GITMO", "...will put health care negs. on C-SPAN", "...I'll cut the deficit in half by the end of my 1st term", "...there'll be no lobbiests in MY administration", "...Supreme court has never overturned any law passed by congress", "...PHONEY scandals (IRS, NSA, Benghazi, Fast & Furious)", "...if the 'spendulus' is passed now, now, NOW - unemployment won't exceed 8%", "...Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes", "....Mitt Romney didn't pay income taxes", "...we'll have to pass the bill before you can see what's IN it", "...I did NOT have sexual relations with that woman...", "...this is the most transparent administration in history", "...I'll wait 5 days before signing (non-emergency) bills and post 'em on the 'net", "...I'll accept public campaign finincing and spending limits", "...I go skeet shooting all the time", “...the sequester is not something that I’ve proposed", "We believe in a light touch when it comes to regulations", "...The Obamacare website will be like shopping on Amazon.com."

Do I need to keep going, or are you beginning to see my point?

'Twould appear to me that there are faaaaaaaar more "bullsh--ers" and "gullible people" in your camp, sir.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Larry

You do not seem to understand what we are talking about.

There are lots of lies out there, both sides lie, politicions lie, MSNBC and FOX lie. The internet is full of absurd attacks by both sides......

But only Conservatives continually bring those lies here, to our GT40 site and try and pass them off as truth.

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Larry

You do not seem to understand what we are talking about.

There are lots of lies out there, both sides lie, politicions lie, MSNBC and FOX lie, but only Conservatives bring those lies here, to our GT40 site and try and pass them off as truth.

You're spinning this like Obama when he said, "...what we said was you can keep it if it hasn’t changed since the law passed".

You stated:

"I think you have greatly underestimated the ability of CONSERVATIVES (conservatives period - not just conservatives posting here) to believe almost anything... THEY (again - not just conservatives posting here) present bullshit like this almost daily and millions of gullible people (there AREN'T "millions of people" ON this site!) actually do believe it."

You WERE referring to conservatives in general.

Yes, Keith, I'm receiving your telepathic transmissions clearly, sir. So, I'm dunn now! :2thumbsup:

Mike Pass

Supporter
Is the right to bear arms outdated?
Of course not. How could some 200+ years old legislation not be bang up to date?
These wise men were of course able to see into the future and the changes in society and weaponry and were able to pen totally future proof legislation. Whilst we are mired in this little island with the same tired old conservative/liberal pointless harangue we are have not had the privilege of such far seeing and wise forebears. Just our bad luck I suppose.
Amazingly still alive.
Cheers
Mike

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Is the right to bear arms outdated?
Of course not. How could some 200+ years old legislation not be bang up to date?

What part of "...congress shall pass NO LAW infringing" on the people's right to keep and bear is NOT "up to date"?

These wise men were of course able to see into the future and the changes in society and weaponry and were able to pen totally future proof legislation.

'Precisely why they used the word "ARMS" instead of flintlocks, muskets and bayonets. They knew "arms" would change and they didn't want the right of the people to keep and bear limited to using antiques. AND they provided the AMENDMENT PROCESS to address "future changes in society".

So, yes, in a way, "these wise men WERE...able to see into the future."

Last edited:

Keith

There are many many times I feel we are blessed not having a Constitution as such..

Why?

I'll take the 5th on that one.... :)

Tiz clear as mud, on the advice of our merican friends I will now not speak to any conservatives because they lie and give the democrats a wide berth because they will shoot you.

Bob

Mike Pass

Supporter

Really? And there's me thinking that crystal balls were useless - in a way. Maybe in a way we could all do that.

Cheers
Mike

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Well Jim, I saw it as a Joke, but I am a foreigner...

Not a very funny joke, but a joke nevertheless..

Your turn.

Post a funny, untrue blatant lying hypocritical, facetious, character assassinating, plain ridiculous, incredulous story about your political opponents and balance the books.

It's the context, and the poster. It was a mean spirited joke, and Al knows better.

Here's another mean spirited joke:

Hey Al! Instead of sucking off the government teat, why don't you just go directly to the source? Send me your address and I'll mail you your allowance.

Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
-- L. Neil Smith​

Might as well add another old quotation:

False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
-- Cesare Beccaria​

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter

Really? And there's me thinking that crystal balls were useless - in a way. Maybe in a way we could all do that.

Cheers
Mike

'Very weak 'counter/rebuttal', Mike.

'Truth is The Founders did indeed do as you suggested: "...see into the future and the changes in society and weaponry and were able to pen totally future proof legislation." More accurately, they assumed such things would come to pass and provided for them.

Mike Pass

Supporter
Looks like they did really well but I guess the relatives of the victims may have a different take on it. My view of your constitution or the quality of my answer to your argument that they got it right won't bring those victims back. If it isn't keeping people from being killed have a good look at it and think if there is a better way. It just seems to me that this dogged clinging to an old document is not helping.
However carry on with the political bickering - just keep a count of the corpses as you do.
Happy days
Mike

It's the context, and the poster. It was a mean spirited joke, and Al knows better.

Here's another mean spirited joke:

Hey Al! Instead of sucking off the government teat, why don't you just go directly to the source? Send me your address and I'll mail you your allowance.

Jeff, How could you afford to send me an allowance when you can't find $40 to sponsor your friends site? You're still an asshole, a squatty body asshole but an asshole none the less.

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Looks like they did really well but I guess the relatives of the victims may have a different take on it. My view of your constitution or the quality of my answer to your argument that they got it right won't bring those victims back. If it isn't keeping people from being killed have a good look at it and think if there is a better way. It just seems to me that this dogged clinging to an old document is not helping.
However carry on with the political bickering - just keep a count of the corpses as you do.
Happy days
Mike

'STILL a weak, nonsensical rebuttal/counter argument, Mike. Except now that you've made your "just keep a count of the corpses as you do" statement it's gotten a bit more whacky to say the least.

To what "victims" were you referring, exactly??? And just what form of government in any country anywhere has ever prevented absolutely every unnatural death within its borders?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Jeff, How could you afford to send me an allowance when you can't find $40 to sponsor your friends site? You're still an asshole, a squatty body asshole but an asshole none the less.

Al,

You start insulting thread after insulting thread, all filled with lies. Its never a discussion, you just post insulting lies which always turn ugly.

No one on the Left starts this crap, lately no one else on the right starts this crap, only you!

You alone are responsible for 90% of the strife in this wonderful site.

Please troll somewhere else!

Back