Is the right to bear arms outdated.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Nearly but not quite as complicated as getting a permit in Brisbane.
The answer in question one they gave as home defense and target shooting would get your permit denied here. Home defense meaning you are thinking of maybe shooting a burglar? Permit denied.
Target shooting is o.k.
Of course having your gun locked in a container with a trigger lock and the ammo in another locked container in a separate area of your house really makes sense for home defense. Beaurocratic wankers.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Of course having your gun locked in a container with a trigger lock and the ammo in another locked container in a separate area of your house really makes sense for home defense. Beaurocratic wankers.

EGG-zakly.

I guess the idiot bureaucrats think crooks will stop what they're doing when a home owner yells "time out!!!" so he can 'round up' his guns and ammo to defend himself...

I've said it a thousand times: There's nothing more USELESS than an unloaded gun...unless it's an unloaded gun locked away in a safe 3 rooms away from its ammo which is ALSO locked up in yet another safe.

I'm not sure but IIRC, that is for a handgun in NYC.

An inexpensive Mossberg would be better suited for the task at hand, and if memory serves, no permit needed.

Again I may be wrong but last I knew that was the case.

Attachments

• original.jpg
    original.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
EGG-zakly.

I guess the idiot bureaucrats think crooks will stop what they're doing when a home owner yells "time out!!!" so he can 'round up' his guns and ammo to defend himself...

I've said it a thousand times: There's nothing more USELESS than an unloaded gun...unless it's an unloaded gun locked away in a safe 3 rooms away from its ammo which is ALSO locked up in yet another safe.
How many of the wankers who make these laws, have armed security patrolling their homes?

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
For some reason I can never spell burocrat correctly. See what I mean?

Just spell "bureau" then put "crat" after it! (Many the times I don't even see my own misspellings - and I misspell frequently! Dyslexia will do that for ya.)

'Had trouble with principle/principal for years...ditto course/coarse. 'Could never remember which was which. And, 'til I learned 'the little secret', choosing I/me, he/him and the like were a bear too. But, once I learned 'the secret' - 'GOLDEN! (Stuff like "Bob and she went with Dave and him" used to drive me up the wall!)

'Tutoring bill to follow...

Back