ISIS Fuses

Does anyone know what size fuses go in each of the 10 fuse positions in the front and rear power cells (20 positions total)? This information is not in the ISIS manual that ships with the kit or the expanded manual from the ISIS blog - the chart in the expanded manual (pg 41) was started but not finished.

Thanks very much,
Ryan

Does anyone know what size fuses go in each of the 10 fuse positions in the front and rear power cells (20 positions total)? This information is not in the ISIS manual that ships with the kit or the expanded manual from the ISIS blog - the chart in the expanded manual (pg 41) was started but not finished.

Thanks very much,
Ryan

The ISIS hard copy and the .pdf version are different; the information should be migrated to a latest revision/version. The .pdf version is approx. 50 pages but did not include the SLC specific assignments. I too did not find a fuse size chart but the attached pages show "assignments" and may give you a gauge as to what size fuses should go where.

I can take a picture of mine today or tomorrow if you'd like.

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 232
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
I just checked the latest SLC Installation Manual on ISISPower.com and it still doesn't have fuse recommendations.

I made a judgement call on the fuse sizes. I played it fairly safe by going conservative on the amperage rating. Its better to blow a fuse than to start a fire.

I wrote the fuse sizes on my ISIS manual for my reference.

A few notes:
  • I have an aftermarket engine harness with its own fuse panel, so I did not use the ISIS Fan 1/2 circuits.
  • I used a keyed ignition, so I did not use the One button start circuit.
  • I used a different HVAC unit and part of its power runs thru the center console circuit. That's why it has a higher 20A fuse.
  • Be aware that some of the circuits in the wire harness don't go thru the ISIS Power Cells, so they are directly connected to battery power. Make sure you have a fuse in those circuits to protect against fire. For example, the front lift pump is connected directly to battery power so ensure there is a 20A inline fuse.

Attachments

• ISIS Fuses 2 table.jpg
    ISIS Fuses 2 table.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 214
  • ISIS Fuses 1 table.jpg
    ISIS Fuses 1 table.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Fuse size depends on your device and will vary application to application. I usually do 10 amp headlight, high beam, 5 amp lts rts brake, 25amp fuel pump, radiator fans, 20 amp starter, 15 amp ignition

but again, it will depend on your setup. Some fuel pumps for example draw 30+amp, my Weldon only max draws 15

Hmmm, maybe I should reduce my fuse sizes a bit further.

It would be interesting to get a consensus on the minimum fuse rating that has been proven for each circuit.

Per Jay at ISIS, I have all 20 amp fuses in my car.

Yeah, I was surprised as well. Jay's thinking is that the fuses exist to protect the wiring, and that the wiring provided in the harnesses is protected by 20 amp fuses. Now, if the harness is extended with lesser-gauge wire, then the fuse should be smaller.

Using all one size means you can buy that size in bulk and not have to worry about running out of 5 or 10 amp fuses.

Current fuses and assignment pictures: my unused assignments have a fuse installed just to fill the slot- the ISIS fuse-lights for these slots will dimly glow thinking there is a fault in that circuit (at least that's how I understand it re: Dim glow when circuit is off equals a fault. A bright glow equals circuit is in-use/okay). The 1st photo is the rear cell.

If any current SLC owners need a copy of the 50 page manual, PM me with your direct email.

Attachments

• phot345o 2.JPG
    phot345o 2.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 226
  • photo23 1.JPG
    photo23 1.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Per Jay at ISIS, I have all 20 amp fuses in my car.

I'd imagine the fan circuit would like a 25amp fuse. Will - at Charlotte pulling into the trailer....did you snap a fan fuse? My upgraded radiator fans would snap the 25 amp fuse in a heart beat, I had to direct connect to battery and relayed the circuit.

I'd imagine the fan circuit would like a 25amp fuse. Will - at Charlotte pulling into the trailer....did you snap a fan fuse? My upgraded radiator fans would snap the 25 amp fuse in a heart beat, I had to direct connect to battery and relayed the circuit.

I need to check that. The fans definitely were off, so perhaps that is what happened... I haven't tried to run the car much since then, and it's actually apart right now doing some interior FG work in prep for the interior shop.

I've been thinking about adding a relay and bigger fans, though there is a potential space issue due to my custom shroud being so deep.

Back