Jack Roush Plane crash

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like he'll be OK.

Might want to think twice about going up with Jack as a passenger with him behind the stick.....

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I stand corrected Scott, thanks.

He certainly slapped the ground pretty hard to snap it in two, wonder how high he was when it stalled?

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Why these people don't employ professional pilots is beyonf me. It reminds me of a guy called Norman Harvey in his Cessna Citation on finals in Jersey , C.I., who parked it on top of a farm house in dense fog - PPL holder and no I/R. Probably a Billionaire.

Jacks plane is a Hawker Beechcraft model 390 Premier 1A certified for single pilot IFR. It is the fastest jet that is certified for single pilot operation at 520 MPH top speed. Jack is a pilot and flying is his hobby. NASCAR is just one of his businesses. looks like it broke at the end of the pressurized cabin where the tail section is connected to the cabin. I hope Jack is OK.

Looks like he also cracked one up in 2002 although I did not see what was determined to be the cause.

I wonder what the investigation will discover as the problem.

My understanding is that he was landing at Oshkosh (the airshow is going on and it is one of the busiest airports in the world usually during the show). I was told by a guy behind him in the pattern that he was told to land mid field and follow a slower plane. He was S-Turning to keep separation and let it stall there are pretty good pictures I will try to find the link.

And the last second or so...

Attachments

• 0728-crash-launch-v3-credit.jpg
    0728-crash-launch-v3-credit.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 284

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Testament to the carbon fiber construction that the fuselage broke at the empenage and the crew/passenger compartment was basically intact.

Back