Jimmymac & Alistair's Cars

Thank you Kevin,
I am glad to be working on something again, even in part-time mode.
Today I have just opened up another 200mph speedo and a while back someone advised that it was for a GTD. So while the tool kit and chemistry is out I shall start to give it a wee bit more care than it's previous owner.

View attachment 131944
Fabulous as always James,

Interesting, I think someone said the one I have is ex MK V, but looks very similar to this. Only difference being that the trip reset cable comes out the back, not the side.

Can you show a photo of the lighting installed in the back of the gauges. This is one part I have not worked out yet.

Ryan

So now finally after I have been considering this for a while, I am calling time to quit and I am moving on before I become Sisyphus.
To my friends here's many thanks, it's been a blast.

Moving on from GT40s or this forum? Either way, sorry to see you go. I have always enjoyed and learned a lot from your posts.

Best of luck in whatever is next for you
Kevin

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Kevin,
Thanks friend.
This build log / project was a distraction from work before I retired and it had lasted twenty plus years but I am moving on from the GT40 and bike projects.
I would like to log in now and again to see how some of the folks are doing.

Rob Klein

Supporter
Hi Kevin,
Thanks friend.
This build log / project was a distraction from work before I retired and it had lasted twenty plus years but I am moving on from the GT40 and bike projects.
I would like to log in now and again to see how some of the folks are doing.
is your car for sale? lol

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Speaking of which Doc, when you start up again?
When it stops raining!!!!! (about September at this rate!) I'm still full time working although retirement is a year or two away now and the plan always was to get the parts and build as my 'new' retirement job. Also enjoying a bit of motorbike maintenance and riding my new toy. And hey I'm only about 17 years into the build so what's the rush.

Please don't be a stranger Jimmy we all very much value your opinions here.

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Jimmy, welcome to the retirement club and I hope it will be a positive change for you as it has for me. You have such a positive effect here, it was great to see things done as they should be and the spectacular result. I hope we see you from time to time at least, but the best of luck in your retirement, and thanks for all your help.
Best regards
Dave

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Thank you all, I know who my friends are now...... but guys, I retired four years ago :), it was only a few death defying feats and Covid lock-ins since then which delayed me having some fun.

Alistair and I both have plenty of time now to take stock and polish up the tiaras.
IMG_3004.jpeg

Back