Keith Baker's Southern gt on the build

Hi Keith

According to this wiring diagram, oil pressure should be 12v. Oil temp is 10v.

12v:
Volt meter
Oil pressure

10v:
Fuel level
Water temp
Oil temp

Attachments

• Smiths instr_wiring_diagram2_144.jpg
    Smiths instr_wiring_diagram2_144.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 651
Had a problem with the clutch master cylinder, the first one leaked from the seals so got another, within a week that leaked. I stripped it and found fine swarf in the seals and it was as if the seal was breaking down, the fluid was black.
I was informed that the non original girling master cylinders were cheap but maybe for a reason.
Anyway a new genuine girling was purchased, fitted and it now seems ok.
Had to adjust the gear rods as gear selection in 1st and reverse were not as good as they could be, but now seems better. There will be many other little defects that will need attending to along the way but its getting there.

Had the car set up yesterday, a few issues with throttle opening but that will get sorted.
Car runs much better now even with the throttles only opening to 65 percent.
Need to modify the linkages / cables to get 100 percent opening.
The temperature is stable except I need to relocate the front number plate As it blocks half the radiator but still only runs at about 90 deg.
The gears needed fine tuning and a small modification has been made on the SGT shifter and all gears engage better and smoother.
I still need to make a small change to the clutch as I have to push the pedal to the floor so as not to crunch the gears in reverse ( got short legs ).
I may try a different clutch slave cylinder that would require less travel but will be stiffer to operate
I replaced the clutch master cyl for a genuine Girling and its much better.
All in all its getting there but these cars never get finished just refined

Hi all, been putting a few hundred miles on the clock but still got a few jobs to do. The car runs well though.
Decided to replace the front number plate as it actually covers over half of the cut out for the radiator, nevertheless the car only ever runs at about 90 deg, so with the plate removed it should never run hot even if we ever get a summer here in the uk
Fitted a stick on plate which not sure is legal ,,,probably not.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 638
Back