Keith Baker's Southern gt on the build

Hi Micke,
It comes in 1mtr width and you can buy it as long as you need. I bought 3 mtrs and it did the job. About £ 27 per Mtr. The glue is from the same supplier 1 Ltr.
The 25mm wide alluminium tape is sticky one side and they all come from Car Builder Solutions ( CBS ) . There on the web.
Best if you can cut it to shape before you paint the car, I didn't and it was a lot harder.
You can get 50mm wide tape if you need it but not from CBS.
Cheers

Tried to get a pre formed polycarbonate angled section for the canopy bug deflector but decided to make one, it's in line with the steering wheel and the drivers central vision.
Also fitted the side perspex windows, just a little touch up paint in one place to do.
Lubricated all the door locks prior to putting all the door boxes in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 464
Another view, can only upload one picture at a time from my I Pad

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 400
I believe the body shop have lost a small black plastic separator in the rear lamp, it stops light from the tail lamp making the indicator look like its on.
If anyone has one or knows where I can get one let me know or I,ll just make one.running the engine and I have what sounds like a belt slipping, just another job to do !

Come to Essex, I have some you can copy... I might even have some spare in some lamps I've managed to damage...

I still have one , they only lost one, if you have one spare I'll have it from you , let me know cost.
Cheers

Side Perspex windows are now fitted.
The central locking was working wrong with the key fob, that was just a swopping of two wire colours and all's ok now.
Got to make some brackets for the front number plate fixing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 477
Not done much for the last week or two it was the first day of no snow around.
I need to address the small problem of one dzus fixing that's not long enough and I need to talk to SGT about the clutch which needs depressing right to the floor to engage a gear without a crunch.
The two vinyls from Raceline came this week so fitted them ok.
Just a few pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 538
Can only upload one at a time but another
The spotlights are high intensity lamps and with the chromed ally surround have turned out well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 441
Side on.
Can't seem to upload more than one picture at a time from the I pad !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 581
Thanks for your comments fellas.
I sorted the dzus problem but will still get one with a shorter length shaft by about 3/16" Had to trim a bit off the front canopy lip where it meets the nostril panel then re stick the edging trim back.
Also decided to make a safety pin for the front deck that will hold down the front canopy
You see so many dzus fasteners with tape over them. It,s a just in case thing.
Frank, nice to see my old 40 looking so good, but you can count the original bits I fitted on one hand now, nevertheless great to see what you and Martin have achieved.
Next project I have been asked ? Who knows .

Back