Kremin Welding - Be Extremely Careful - Bankrupt

Ron Earp

Admin
Nope. And as of maybe a few weeks ago I was contacted by yet someone else that lost money to the guy. It is flat out amazing that a crook like this can continue to operate.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I hope that guy gets tossed into a deep dark hole with a big mean dude with a weldor fetish....

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Just had a piece of mail forwarded to me on this old matter. Apparently, the bankruptcy is being reopened to take a look at some potentially fraudulent filings by Mr. Kremin. Maybe he will finally get his due.

If something like that happened in my country, Id be on a plane or driving by now to his city and I wouldnt be leaving without either my money or satisfaction.

Ron Earp

Admin
Just had a piece of mail forwarded to me on this old matter. Apparently, the bankruptcy is being reopened to take a look at some potentially fraudulent filings by Mr. Kremin. Maybe he will finally get his due.

That would be nice if he did, but I don't have much faith it'll happen.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
It's pretty serious if the Bankruptcy Court reopens a bankruptcy. They must suspect he did not disclose all of his assets at the time of filing.

But if he "gets his due" it won't be anything that helps out the folks in this thread who got screwed.....

I was a clerk to a federal bankruptcy judge while in law school many moons ago - trust me, there won't be anything to go after.

It's true that if there's evidence of a "preferential transfer" or undisclosed assets there's a chance the Trustee will petition the court to reopen the case. However, it is extremely rare that there's any meaningful amount of retrievable wealth to make it worthwhile doing so.

As a side note, one way to put additional pressure on the dishonest debtor is to contact the local criminal prosecutor and suggest that there's sufficient grounds for a criminal perjury charge. A call from the prosecutor's office to come down for an interview always wakes up a less-than-forthright dead beat debtor....

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
We tried talking to the DA a while back, nothing.

I agree there are probably no assets (although he is operating again). At the same time, there are civil and criminal contempt issues with filing false statements in a bankruptcy proceeding. May mean a fine or even a small amount of jail time -- at least something to smack this joker around a bit.

Pat

Supporter
We tried talking to the DA a while back, nothing.

I agree there are probably no assets (although he is operating again). smack this joker around a bit.

How on earth did he get a business license to reopen? Seems to me if he's operating he has to have assets (equipment etc.) can't someone put a new lien on them?

I do an Internet search every now and then to see what this idiot has been up to. Sure glad to see an effort to keep him out of business. My experience was way back in '01. I did get most of what I ordered except it wasn't built to my specs. And was missing a few parts that he "assured" me that he would send as soon as he got them. Never did and wouldn't take my calls. Finally gave up after a year of calling once or twice a month just to let him know that I hadn't forgotten about him. Glad I didn't lose more like the rest of you.

Ron Earp

Admin
Just to follow up with this now old story - stay away from anything to do with Kevin Kremin welding, trailers, or other such businesses. I've received numerous emails from parties that have been scammed by this crook. He moves around or changes his business name from time to time, but he's always located up on MN somewhere - DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS FELLOW!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
By and large the vast majority of businesses I have dealt with here in MN are honest and deliver high quality products. This dick-head is an exception and on my list to visit the next time I'm in that area of the state.. If nothing else, I can at least tell him to his face what a worthless piece of crap he is...

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
"Bruce Marvin Gertner of Westbrook appeared in Redwood County Court after shooting at a business on Wednesday.

Kevin Kremin called 911 at approximately 11:45 AM reporting that Gertner was shooting at his business-Kremin Welding, while he was inside.

Gertner left the scene in a pick up but was apprehended in the Tracy/Walnut Grove area and was taken into custody.

The investigation revealed 3 shots were fired into the building. 3 windows were broken out and an inside wall showed damage from the shotgun pellets. A spent 12 gauge shotgun shell casing was found near a door.

Kremin told law enforcement that there was pounding on his door at about 11:30 and Gertner was at the door with a shotgun in his hands. Allegedly Gertner said that God told him to make him pay for what he did with his trailer. An altercation ensued and the barrel of the gun hit Kremins hand causing an injury. Shot were fired at the building moments later.

A partial box of 12 gauge shot gun shells, a 12 gauge Mossberg shotgun, 2 unspent shotgun shells and a Remington 12-gauge spent casing which was identical to the one found near the building was recovered from Gertners vehicle.

Bruce Gertner told law enforcement that he stepped out of his vehicle with the loaded shotgun-hoping that with the gun he could reason with the victim. Gertner reportedly was unsatisfied with a trailer that Kremin built for him.

Charges will include assault in the 2nd degree and a dangerous weapon charge for discharging the weapon and endangering safety of others. "

Evidently the dissatisfaction with Mr. Kremin has been going on for a while. GToo bad Mr. Gertner wasn't a better shot. Mr. Kremin might be sleeping with the fishes even now.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
This was a while ago, actually. I looked on Google and found it. I agree- if anyone went to jail, it was more than likely the wrong guy.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Karma almost got Kremin this time. Eventually it will.

But in the meantime we have this:

"...the barrel of the gun hit Kremin's hand causing an injury."

Whaddaya wanna bet Kremin will sue or already has sued Gertner for damages? 'Bet Kremin came out / will come out on top there too. That's MURPHY's law...and Murphy darned seldom loses.

Back