KVA Gt-40

Kav Gt-40

Guys,

Help! I am having trouble finding out anything about this car. Do you have any ideas? I purchased off of ebay last week and have had it titled and inspected and driving it in Houston this week. Wonderful car. I have tried all the easy ones, Google search etc. The guy I bought it from just said it had been in Dallas for a while but it was still on the Oklahoma tag. The OK. tag and now Texas tag is titled as a 1966 ford. No history there. Would love to know the build history. From the quality of the build I would say it was done by a shop and the car really looks good. All I know so far is it's a 302 sbf with aluminum ford intake and the block is from the 70's. It has a 914 Transaxle (I know about the problems here from the forum) thats still a 5 speed. I plan on changing this first! Here are a couple of pictures if it helps you guys any. Maybe you have seen it before. It's a bummer not knowing where it came from. The picture with the cobra at paint shop primered is my other car.

Thanks in advance!

larry Boatner

Attachments

• DSC00015.jpg
    DSC00015.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,083
  • DSC00004.jpg
    DSC00004.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,090
Re: Kav Gt-40

Post pictures of the frame design and we should be able to tell you. It may be a KVA looking at the body. Must see the frame sections front and rear, Scott

Thanks CSott67

Here are a couple of the rear suspension. Don't have any yet of the front but will get some this evening. Thanks for any help. I think it is a KAV with the "C" series frame. But would love any help.

Larry

Attachments

• DSC00068.jpg
    DSC00068.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,070
  • DSC00069.jpg
    DSC00069.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1,055

Boy I know the first thing I would do is re-route those fuel lines. That is a good way to get vapor lock or a fire even with the insulation.

Jim, Fuel line re-route is this weekend, Thanks.

2124 - Do not have a clue where it was built, maybe Capetown for all I know. Some of the fabrication looks over and beyond the ability of most home builds. Note I said most because of the incredible stuff I have seen done by members of this forum at home.

Larry

Looking at the radious rods and the rear body section I would say it's not a KVA. The rods are to short (might have been an early type frame?) compared to the "C" type chassis. I have a KVA body on my car with a CAV rear section (long story) and they were not the same. The wheel arches are more like a CAV and door to center section to rear body "line" is CAV. Hope this helps.;)

Steve

Attachments

• 100_1516.JPG
    100_1516.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 999

Here are a couple more pictures. Keep the good ideas coming. BTW it was sold to me as a KAV but its so nice I just want the real info. I really don't care who made it. Any other angles help?

Larry

Attachments

• DSC00006.JPG
    DSC00006.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 993
  • DSC00011.JPG
    DSC00011.JPG
    232.4 KB · Views: 1,025
  • DSC00056.JPG
    DSC00056.JPG
    264.6 KB · Views: 978

Thanks CSott67

Here are a couple of the rear suspension. Don't have any yet of the front but will get some this evening. Thanks for any help. I think it is a KAV with the "C" series frame. But would love any help.

Larry

Larry,

I have a KVA and except a few minor differences, yours looks just like mine. The front suspension upper control arm has a minor design change. A company named Sabre, I believe bought KVA and was later purchased by Integrity Works (I may have the line of succession in the wrong order). Mine dates back to late '94 when it was purchased by a prior owner. Let me know if you need more info!

I'm glad to see that the car runs good - I saw the car on ebay and followed the auction.

John
:pepper:

John,

That helps tremendously, now I have new places to search. Yep, I bought it at the right price. The owner meant to change the Reserve price but hit the buy it now by accident. I bought it immediately and he stood behind the mistake. He really wanted 60K for it but had 13 other vehicles so decided to let it go cheap. He paid more than what I bought it for a couple of years ago.

Fran, I am sorry that I didn't realize you were giving me a good lead when you said Integrity, I will check them both out.

Thanks Guys!!!

Larry

So at what point did they go to the short radius arms in the rear and why? Is yours like that John? I have never seen one like this.

Steve

Some of the Sabre cars use Corvette C4 rear uprights , I believe and that dictated the short arm syndrome....
Larry's car uses Corvette C4 front uprights as shown above...

Jim, Steve.

Thanks, after looking at the pictures of the KVA build rear end shots the arms are much shorter on mine. I don't know if thats a later or earlier version. The Steve Saunders build is mighty impressive and good reading. Looking closely at his build the front a-arms are mounted much closer to the front of the car than the picture of mine. It maybe just that they are different versions. But I am picking up alot so far. Thanks guys and keep it coming.

Larry

Larry, as a side question, what is the set-up with the front coils? Is there a near horizontal radiator and an upright air conditioning condenser?

Dalton

Dalton, They are adjustable coil over shocks with lots of adjustment left.

Yes the radiator is almost horizontal and the a/c conditioner is about upright.

Larry

Chris Duncan

Supporter
I'm guessing it's an Integrity based out of Florida. It looks a lot like the pics I took of a chassis down in Tacoma WA.

In the early 90's Integrity bought out KVA. Around '96 Integrity sold out to Sabre.

Ron Earp

Admin
The only Sabre I have seen is Lynn Larsen's car (and Mike Starling has pictures of his on the site), and his car does not look like this one with suspension and chassis. Integrity and Sabre, as far as I know, are not the same chassis even if Sabre/John Donnely picked up the Integrity bits.

Kalun / Ron

I think you just hit the nail on the head. I think Fran nailed it several answers ago. I think it is probably an Integrity by Donnelly. It seems to be before Sabra and after KVA. The parts seem to say about that time frame. Outside mirrors are adjustable from in car, a/c, suspension seem to all date about that time period.

Next, I need to Find out what I can about the Integrity's built by Donnelly. I have read that he sold to Sabre so I maybe S.O.L.

Thanks Everyone. Have had the car 10 days now and am up to about 100 picture phone pictures taken from highway speeds to people walking into my driveway to take them of the car in the garage.

I have a bunch of little things to tighten up but it's a great car and I drive it to work almost everyday.

Larry

Back