Le Mans 24 hours 2010

Keith

I find it strange that no one on this board has much to say about the Le Mans 24 hours or indeed any of the LMS including GT Series especially since our passion for the '40 and other wonderful sports cars of that era were mostly created out of the endurance racing fervour which gripped the imagination of 'ordinary' sports car fans everywhere, but especially from the UKL. Oh well.. Good news for the Brits is that there is a Jag and a brace of Astons running. Rumour has it the Jag is fuelled by Cobra Beer :laugh:

I got quite excited when I spotted this, but have since found out it ran last year and came third, but in LMP2 I believe. All is not what it seems regretfully... :worried:

Pescarolo-01-Evo-Mazda_6.jpg

This Pescarolo Mazda is running again this year but I'm afraid it's an in line turbo charged 4 banger and not a rotary which made me look harder.

Developed in Partnership with British company AER the Mazda MZR-R is purely conventional and it looks like the rotary has been abandoned (or banned?) for motorsport...shame...

Also, Mazda has dropped Dyson Racing for this year....

Keith

This will be the first year i've missed for years, started going in 1991 and saw the Mazda Rotary, such a beautiful noise, I could listen to that all day long. Im listening online this year, got the final qualifying on now, cant beat Radio Le Mans!

Radio Le Mans

Eurosport have a good coverage this year too, so thats my weekend sorted :thumbsup:

I'll be following the GT1 class and the No 61 Ford GT, such lovely drivers

Jas

Attachments

• shoot_0310_01_1.jpg
    shoot_0310_01_1.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 279
  • shoot_0310_12_1.jpg
    shoot_0310_12_1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 288

Keith

Are you serious Jason? They let Pit Popsies drive those things?

Darn! :shocked:

Also, it seems you are but a stones throw away from Gods Country mate!

Give me a shout if you're down this way (Lymington).

Keith,
Alas, my planned visit in September has gone awry! Won't be crossing the pond
after all. I was really looking forward to attending the "Revival" and having a brew (or a few) with you in Lymington! Lost your e-mail address, please send.

Jack

Keith

Yes its true, 3 young Swiss drivers of the female variety :stunned:

Look here Matech Competition | Meet the drivers

Yes, only 20 mins or so down the road from you, we will have to get together some time ( in a manly way of course ) and I'll bring my GTD down to some of the most beautiful roads in the south.

Jack

Shame you cant make the Revival this year. I work there as a scruitineer, have done for the last 3 years. Got to be one of the best jobs i have ever had :lol:

Jas

Jas,

I'm a GRRC member and hang out in the paddock. Also assist the Transportation Corps. I've likely seen you before...

Keith

Well there's a thing! 20 laps on the board and a Ford GT is leading GT1 class! Running ahead of C6 and Aston...

Can it do it over 24 hours? How fantabulous would THAT be... :thumbsup:

Well there's one GT44 with a revised rear end that may take a while to get back on track...
Glad the driver is ok.

Tim.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
and we have wall to wall sunshine. The sun only shines on the righteous !!

Dave

They mentioned intermediates a few minutes ago - when is the rain expected and it is just light stuff

Great Eurosport is doing all 24 hours of it live - have to change channel between Eurosport 1 and 2 but great coverage

Ian

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Ian,
Pass. I genuinely know nothing of which they talk. I don't know where they are gleaning their gen from, but it's not accurate.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
In fact it's a starry night which should continue until about just before dawn when we should get cloud cover again invading from the north. Will it rain? That's how I pay my mortgage.......

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Is it hard to heel and toe in those pumps, or does paddle shifting now not require that a racing driver be able to heel and toe? Pity.

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jason,

Will you be bringing it to the club meeting on Tuesday (weather permitting of course)?

I think there are a number of us who could/should head over Keith's way sometime, last time we were going to for the Beaulieu autojumble we had to cancel in the end. There had even been previous discussions on the forum about a trip over the water to the Isle of Wight, but we're personally just too busy at present. Maybe just a drive through the New Forest, sometime after the Classic?

Cheers,

Max
(Apologies for 'hijacking' the thread')

Yes, only 20 mins or so down the road from you, we will have to get together some time ( in a manly way of course ) and I'll bring my GTD down to some of the most beautiful roads in the south.

Last edited:
That's all Peugeots out now, and most with engine failures. Seems they went all 'no guts, no glory' and used their new engines in all cars (works and privateers) rather than hedge bets and have a known solid engine in a car as a back up.

Last i heard was Audi 1,2,3 with just over an hour to go.

My four year has chicken pox so we are sat on the sofa dozing and watching whilst rest of family at the school fun day....it's a hard life being a dad, the sacrifices we make.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Yes indeed, they have all been instructed to join up then and keep station now. We have inbound drizzle for the last ten minutes but it should not make any difference to the results now. The rest of the day is going to be overcast and drizzly so bad luck
if you are haven't done it already and are packing up your tents after the race.

Back