Lola RCR T70 Spider Pictures

Doesnt look like that roll bar would do a whole lot for Mark's head?
I like the super low stance and the way the tires are stuffed up under the nose.

What version of the car is this? MKI, II, III ? I have no idea which is which.

Malcolm

Supporter
Ron, Phil at PS Engineering in CA is a T70 nut. He only makes wheels (including wheels for GT40's) and I think he owns a T70 so I guess he may well make wheels for T70's. If you aim to call him at about 7:30 am his time you may catch him in his office before he goes into the workshop where he stays all day ignoring the phone. Tell him what you are doing and pick his brains as he knows quite a bit on T70's and their components.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Malcolm,

Phil sold his Lola lat year ,
You are correct that he does do the Lola wheels but again they are for original cars ....incorrect backspacing, 6 pin drive etc etc etc.

Last time we spoke the patterns were damaged and he has been fixing them for over a year now....

So as nice as some of the PS stuff may be ,I cant use him as a source for wheels when we are delivering cars monthly.....get my drift...wink

Ron Earp

Admin
Nice picture! Dang that car looks good with Halbrands! Hey Fran, got any 15" sets of those running around?

I just got done reading Donahue's book too, but he's not that long on real specific details. I think he, or his co-author, didn't think people would be all that interested. Anyhow, gory details about the car, engine, etc. are not that forthcoming in there so I can't tell you which version of the car, etc. that is. I'm sure somone knows though.

As for the roll bar, I don't think he is sitting at normal driving height. The couple of picture I've seen of him driving all you can see is eyes and top of helmet from the front of the car.

Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin
Well, the wife finally found out about the Lola.

She vaguely knew that a car called a Lola Spider was coming to the house sometime later this week. Probably had visons of a dainty cute car with a removable top. Tonight she asked when it'd be here, and I told her whenever it got loaded and the truck fellow drove it down.

Then she wanted to know if she could drive the car. Sure I replied.

Will it hold a car seat for Sydney? Uhhhhh, sure, I don't see why not.

So, what does it look like?

I went and retrieved the GMP model I got a few weeks ago and upon inspection the reply was "What??! That looks like the bat mobile!!! And doesn't have a windshield!" and a lot of other stuff I that I then tuned out.

We got ourselves a winner here!!!! :)

R

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
What wife??

Ron, I've been married 3 times and I can assure you that what the wife thinks doesn't really matter much when race cars are the issue.

But, then, I've been divorced 3 times, too, and just recently got rid of the child support payments. Maybe I should have listened to someone else's advice??

At any rate, the T70 is one sharp looking race car. You go, guy!!

Ron Earp

Admin
jonathans said:
Ron, have your heard when your car will be delivered yet?

Well now, funny you ask because it appears your car and my car are sharing the ride down to the fabulous South.

I just got a call from the trucker fellow, really nice guy, and it looks like he plans to be here in NC tonight about 10-11pm. We'll probably off load on the street adjacent to my street, then bring the car down teathered on the truck my street has a fairly steep downward slope.

Anyhow, I would imagine that this will put him in TN sometime around 7-8pm tomorrow night.

Fran said the cars are jacked up for loading, so expect they will look funny on arrival. Looks like RCR worked pretty hard to get these two out the door but I must say they did a fast job - from 3/8/06 when RF went belly up to 6/30/06 delivery of car, not too shabby! :p

Looking forward to starting my build thread and getting on it - but I've got to go to the beach first before tearing into anything. Dang!

I was hoping they would deliver mine first. Not just because I am excited to get my car but I was also hoping to see your car. I am sure you are as excited as I am to get your car. I feel like a 5 year old waiting for Christmas.

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Jonathan,

Looks like I will get to see yours in the AM. He called and was about 2.5 hours out, and we deemed it best to do this in the AM. My neighbors are a little noise sensitive right now, new baby, and I'm a racket maker so I get lots of emails about noise. Anyhow, the Lola will get here early in the AM and then he is headed your way. Knoxville? I think he will still be there about the same time as I've driven from here to there before. I'll post tomorrow when he departs Raleigh area so you can get an idea. And, I'll take lots of pictures....

Here is a teaser from Fran when the loading with the car jacked up. It is tiny - for reference those are 15" wheels, no big ones, so hardly 30" tall or so.

Attachments

• Lola1.JPG
    Lola1.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 904
Last edited:
I really like the lines of the spyder T70 better then the coupe. Nice choice Ron.

Fran sent me some teaser shots yesterday as wel:

Attachments

• DSCF0627.jpg
    DSCF0627.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 862

Ron Earp

Admin
Doug and I just off loaded the Lola and the red GT40 as well. Doug won't be coming to your place after all, sorry. Red car looks good in the garage! :D

I did take some pictures of everything and maybe later today I'll start a build thread once I go through it all, but, so far I'm very impressed with the way the car body fits together.

Ron

Last edited:
Lola

Hi Ron, saw your car going together last week and it looked super then, Looking at the pic before shipment, all I can say is," Hot Cha-Cha-Cha".

Vic

Gt40
Mustang fastback
Model 'A' two man Boattail
427 Cobra
Jag XJ13

Ron Earp

Admin
jonathans said:
It's a good thing I know where you live. I'll be by tomorrow to retrive my car.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your car as you build it.

Ahh, that's too bad, I'll just miss you since I've got to go out of town. ;) Might be best if you came by sometime later, like maybe next year?

Seriously, the red car looked good. We had to unload it to get the Lola out. The front right tire keeps going flat, but it'll roll for a bit if pumped back up. Apparently the 17" wheels are on back order, but the 15" are available thus mine came setup with my Hoosiers mounted and ready to go.

Here are a couple of pictures of activities this AM.

Attachments

• off2.JPG
    off2.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 823
  • 100_1240.JPG
    100_1240.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 821
  • jonGT.JPG
    jonGT.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 855
  • cockpit.JPG
    cockpit.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 824
Thanks for including photos of my car in your reply. There are some good curvy mountain roads between Knoxville and Raleigh. We may need to meet somewhere when the cars are done.

Fran, Let me compliment you .... having monitered some of your posts and produucts it appears you do beautiful work and create well engineered race car replicas at very fair prices and while I am sure you are well capable of producing fraudulent ''clones'' you have instead chosen to take the ''high road'' I respect your work .... jerry

Back