LOLA T70 scratch build...

Hi Brian,

thank you for your encouraging words, always good to hear from you.

As always, I´m happy talking to you if you have any questions or feel like talking Lola...

Best,

Marcus

Marcus,
I have been contemplating a scratch build of a Lola T70 MkIII Coupe (Right hand drive?) and came across your thread. I am intrigued with the sheet metal monocoque panel work you have been posting. First question: Did you prepare your own set of detail drawings , or aquired them?

Marcus,

I have seen some pattern sets acquired by others that were missing pieces or were just plain incorrect and required the builder to model and fabricate his own make up pieces, something not easily done if you lack the access to the appropriate software or CAD skills.
It looks like you have managed to avoid that from your posts.

Steering rack has arrived.

Attachments

• Steering_rack1.jpg
    Steering_rack1.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 528
  • Steering_rack2.jpg
    Steering_rack2.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 451
Hi Mic,

thank you for your kind words, I´m glad I got it as it is from a small batch exclusively made for T70 MK3bs.

BTW...that´s all nothing compared to your Porsche project...kudos.

Best,

Marcus

Woww you have been luky to meet with an existing batch !!
Otherwise at Tiatn they are more than correct with their prices when they have to design an specific one and once done they allow you to offer this study to others mate building similar project ( and it's what I did)

That steering is top quailty made ; you will be very happy with
I do not see any provision for side clamps to hold ? how do you intend to locate laterally ?

The rack looks remarkably similar to the ones suplied by GD for their T70, then again I suppose all Titan build steeringracks will look alike.

Very nice work btw Marcus, where in Germany are you based?

Grtz Thomas

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 761
Believe it or not but I managed to do some work on the chassis.

Put on the footspace top panel and trial-fitted the dash cross beam.

To my biggest surprise the fit of the panels wasn´t too bad and as a consequence
I got excited so much so that - no kidding- I stuck my burning cigar into my
mouth with the wrong end (not recommended).

Attachments

• Footspace_toppanel_1.jpg
    Footspace_toppanel_1.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 549
  • Footspace_toppanel_2.jpg
    Footspace_toppanel_2.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 600
  • Crossbeam_1.jpg
    Crossbeam_1.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 544
  • Crossbeam_2.jpg
    Crossbeam_2.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 598

Keith

Believe it or not but I managed to do some work on the chassis.

Put on the footspace top panel and trial-fitted the dash cross beam.

To my biggest surprise the fit of the panels wasn´t too bad and as a consequence
I got excited so much so that - no kidding- I stuck my burning cigar into my
mouth with the wrong end (not recommended).

Hahahahaha! I can see you doing it! Brilliant!

(Ouch).

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Granpa reckons thats how they smoked cigarettes in WW1 -- presumably so the enemy couldn't pick em off at night :shifty:

Anyway, good work there Marcus --hope you don't become a granpa before you finish it

Anyway, good work there Marcus --hope you don't become a granpa before you finish it

Chris, good point indeed. It´s quite a challenge to work on your car from Saudi Arabia, China or any other foreign job assignment.
...but now enough silly excuses, it´s surely the same for many of you so back to the workshop :thumbsup:

Back