Look out for this and pass it on.....

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Worth Passing On!
This is happening now
!

Sad, especially if you are inclined to 'help' people...
<TABLE cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%">While driving on a rural end of the roadway on Thursday morning, I saw an infant car seat on the side of the road with a blanket draped over it. For whatever reason, I did not stop, even though I had all kinds of thoughts running through my head. But when I got to my destination, I called the Police and they were going to check it out. But, this is what the Police advised even before they went out there to check....

"There are several things to be aware of ... Gangs and thieves are now plotting different ways to get a person (mostly women)to stop their vehicle and get out of the car.

"There is a gang initiation reported by the local Police where gangs are placing a car seat by the road...with a fake baby in
It...waiting for a woman, of course, to stop and check on the abandoned baby.

"Note that the location of this car seat is usually beside a wooded or grassy (field) area and the person -- woman -- will be dragged into the woods, beaten and raped, and usually left for dead. If it's a man, they're usually beaten and robbed and maybe left for dead, too.

DO NOT STOP FOR ANY REASON!!!

DIAL 9-9-9
AND REPORT WHAT YOU SAW, BUT DON'T EVEN SLOW DOWN.

"IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND EGGS ARE THROWN AT YOUR WINDSCREEN, DO NOT STOP TO CHECK THE CAR, DO NOT OPERATE THE WIPER AND DO NOT SPRAY ANY WATER BECAUSE EGGS MIXED
WITH WATER BECOME MILKY AND BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%, AND YOU ARE THEN FORCED TO STOP BESIDE THE ROAD AND BECOME A VICTIM OF THESE CRIMINALS.

THIS IS A NEW TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS, SO PLEASE INFORM YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES.

THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES AND THESE ARE UNSAVOURY INDIVIDUALS WHO WILL TAKE DESPERATE MEASURES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT."

Please talk to your loved ones about this. This is a new tactic used. Please be safe.

Get started NOW -- SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES TO BE CAREFUL AND AWARE OF EVERYTHING AROUND THEM SO AS NOT TO BECOME A VICTIM.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This was in news here in the USA almost 10 years ago. Really pathetic.

92.5% decrease in visibility? Where did they get their facts? I believe the correct figure is 91.87334%. Geez...:furious:

"Snatch and grab" incidents on old ladies in grocery store parking lots are also on the rise here. My suggestion is to arm them...

Bo**ox to that! Anyone who behaves in such a manner is no longer allowed any rights, as they are not a part of the human race. Simples!
I pity any bugger who breaks into my house, at least the dog will be well fed for a week or so ;)

That's good advice David.

Of course, here in the good old US of A, we just stop, get out of the car with our Smith & Wesson or Colt 45, take a few shots at any heads that pop out from behind any trees, then check the baby seat, and drive off.

We tend to take matters more into our own hands here. Recently, there was a case locally here of a guy who's car was regularly being broken into while parked in his driveway at his house. Each time he would get a new stereo system installed using the insurance money. After several breakins over the course of some 6 months he decided to begin "staking out" his car and sure enough the thief showed up one night and was in the process of stealing the stereo yet again. The owner snuck up out of the bushes and whacked the thief on the back of the head with one of his golf clubs (his "Big Dog" Calloway driver), knocking him instantly dead and destroying much of the back of his head. I believe he was reprimanded by the police for being a little overly enthusiastic, but that was the end of the matter.

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
There are certain places here in London where I drive straight through red lights, especially when they are located at pedestrian crossings, no one is waiting to cross, and they are on red. Brixton, Kennington and Camberwell spring to mind.
I wonder if thats on Snopes?
I have done the same at Junctions in Buffalo, NY.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
David,
In those locations i do as you, even if there are gang members crossing to the other side.
Too many years living in deepest Moss Side.

A girl I used to work with came home from walking the dog early one morning and saw some low-life type trying to break into her car in the driveway, using a screwdriver. She slipped the German Shepherd off the leash and the poor guy saw this huge dog racing toward him and took off practically wetting himself. She got a new screw driver.

Back