Looking to purchase a GT40

Looking to purchase a Superformance GT40MKII, Titanium Silver/black stripes. Prefer 351W, 427cu.in or equiv. carb or injected. Low miles in excellent shape. No racers or track time. I live in Southern California but not necessarily have to be SB100 approved.
Thanks

Pathfinder Motorsports

Sponsoring Vendor
Pathfinder GT40 Mk IIB: P/2024

Hi Bill:

Pathfinder Motorsports is completing a one-of-a-kind Superformance GT40 that might be of interest to you: Our Pathfinder 1966 GT40 P/2024 MkIIB.

That's right, a Mk IIB! This is the first ever Mk IIB continuation GT40 built, with many accurate details. The Mk IIB was the final version of the Ford-sponsored GT40s, and it represented the acme of track-proven refinements. As an example, the Mk IIB dashboard - different from every other Mk I and Mk II - was so successful that it was carried over to the Mk IV 'J' cars at Le Mans.

Over six-months of effort will have gone into P/2024's Mk IIB transformation, including extensive collaboration with Lee Holman. This car features original GT40 components (e.g., Tennant Panels interior console, original Lucas 608 mirror), Holman Moody engine and suspension upgrades, Olthoff Racing updates, and dozens of special modifications that add to this car's authenticity. It is in a unique 'titanium silver with black stripes' paint scheme, with several Le Mans-inspired elements, including Holman Moody front fender 'eyebrows', a low-reflection front hood area, and correct roundels and sponsor decals. It is delivered in left-hand drive for safe streetability and domination at any track-day events. GT40 P/2024 is absolutely stunning - and unique! You will not find another GT40 like this anywhere.

Full details will be posted before December, but here is a sneak preview:
  • FAV/Holman Moody Mk IIB dash: Really spectacular and similar to the Mk IV 'J' cars
  • 351/427 engine supplied with both street and race cams by Holman Moody creating 560± bhp
  • Weber-like EFI and specially built tall-trumpet air intakes with Pathfinder-spec 'tennis ball' period screen filters
  • Pathfinder-built original GT40-style seats using period-correct parachute-type cloth and original brass grommets (not shown in photo below)
  • FIA-approved competition fire suppression system
  • Original Boeing 707-style single blade windshield wiper arm
  • FIA-approved competition five-point seat belts
  • FAV/KarKraft-style Mk IIB steering wheel with proper leather-cushioned safety hub
  • Le Mans plexiglas front hood driver's side bug-shield
  • Extremely low and unique Safir GT40 Spares-issued continuation chassis number P/2024
  • This is an especially collectable GT40 for another reason: It was originally Superformance SPG0001 - the first continuation GT40 built and fully recognized as such by Safir GT40 Spares and the GT40 Register! It has never been titled or registered and has no street or track miles.
  • There are many other details which we will reveal later.
Here are a couple of photos; however, be advised that this GT40 is in the final stages of being sorted and there will be changes and enhancements over the next couple of weeks. More photos and details will be provided when the car is completed.

The Holman Moody Mk IIB dash complete with Jones tach and other authentic components. (This photo does not show several important changes to the dash, console, shifter, doors, and seats.)

The engine is a 351/427 built from a Dart block and features Weber-style electronic fuel injection and original spec components, including a custom Holman Moody cam. Note the unique HM oil filler caps on both valve covers!

Pathfinder Motorsports were the developers of the Superformance GT40/R, and we have a reputation for building the most period-correct continuation GT40s anywhere - both race and street. Our racing cars are currently competing at circuits ranging from Japan to Sweden, Switzerland to France, and here in the US. Our GT40s have even been approved by the FIA for the coveted HTP license and are racing in FIA historic competition.

If you are unfamiliar with Pathfinder's GT40s, do a search on gt40s.com and you will find information similar to these three posts: Pathfinder Post #1, Pathfinder Post #2, and Pathfinder Post #3. We are authorized dealers for the full range of Superformance products.

Feel free to contact me if you would like to learn more about P/2024 and good luck in your search!

Alan

Last edited:

Pathfinder Motorsports

Sponsoring Vendor

Mike:

GT40P/2024 is not yet for sale as it is still in the process of being completed and we don't know our overall investment costs.

For example, we have yet to install Holman Moody chassis strengthening modifications. They're not necessary for a street car, but they're authentic and pretty cool. We're also completing several special body and interior mods – and our yet-to-do punch list is still several pages long!

Sorry for the delay but we did want Bill to know that there is a very unique Mk II on the horizon. A complete build report, extensive photos, and the price will be posted in the Superformance section before November 27th.

Alan

I have purchased the GT40 I've been looking for this past weekend. Titanium Silver / Black stripes. Roush 351 W, 427SR, low mileage and never raced. Transportation van should be here in Southern California by late next week. Looking forward to it. Thanks everyone for your inputs.
Thanks,
Bill Souza, President
AMC Defense Technologies.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Bill called me and he purchased 2139, a clone to my MK II.

This is 2139 as it was with the original owner and was consigned with us for sale:

Attachments

• 2014-05-30 12.48.38.jpg
    2014-05-30 12.48.38.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 302
  • 2014-05-30 12.35.03 (1).jpg
    2014-05-30 12.35.03 (1).jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 302
Congrats on the purchase of 2139 from Rick. Looks like a stunning car. You're going to love your new GT40. After you've had some seat time then share some pics!

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Congrats on the purchase of 2139 from Rick. Looks like a stunning car. You're going to love your new GT40. After you've had some seat time then share some pics!

Cliff,

Bill did not purchase from us. We had the car on consignment but the original owner did a sale. Bill has purchased from the second owner who apparently was just a "flip".

Very nice car....I know because I have the clone!

Back