Lotus 23 recreation built

:rolleyes: Many thanks UDO ; I have same thoughts when I watch at your project too .........................
Some more pics of all molds now achieved with one set of parts done
Doors where the longer to built as they are double skin with very few space in beetwen ; so bonding process have to be done with accurate and precise molds pressing firmly the 2 halves ( those being laminated separatly=

Attachments

Jees Michel, you are flying! Never seen a project move so quickly. Looks like an awesome job in the making..
If you're turning them out so quick, i'm sure you don't mind making a chassis and body shells for customers either? :-D

Following job was to cut , trim and fit all aluminium panels
One of the grandsons being so clever to do all those holes and another happy to use with great success the pneumatic riveteing stuff !!! :D :p
I just had to have some coffee cup and sit watching them doing nice job!!!!!!!:cool:;)

Attachments

Very nice refabricated parts where sourced so the 4 suspensions corners started to appear on the project
A set of new magnesium wheels was also ordered and received
The right bell housing was also found and thanks to an old friend retired "gearbox mecanician" the very specific inverted Hewland Mk8 side plates
where "barn find"!!;) so starting from an old VW casing all the gearbox stuff could be fit correctly as "in period"

Attachments

Malcolm

Supporter
Looks an excellent job. Lovely. Did I see you running fluids through the chassis tubes as per in period? Are you allowed to race with that nowadays due to risk of internal corrosion that is not visible? Or is this not for racing now?

Looks an excellent job. Lovely. Did I see you running fluids through the chassis tubes as per in period? Are you allowed to race with that nowadays due to risk of internal corrosion that is not visible? Or is this not for racing now?
Well spot on ; the chassis have been built to be as per in period ,but water and oil are run externally like all actual race cars for 3 reasons.
When doing those tubes welds where tested but after assembling all others tubes onto those ones I was not too confindent to run liquid with some risk of any very small "hiden" leaks !!! And hot water running inside the left tube will burn arms of eventual passengers !!
And the third as you stated exactly is the possible future corrosion onto water tubes ...
So running liquids outside was anyway to my point of view much more safer and easier to achieve ;)