Luis Nieves Mark1

Thank you very much for being supportive gentlemen.
As I mentioned before I'm working in the driver, this is the work in progress...
The scene should have a couple of hot models making some maintenance to the ride. It is not shaded yet, I'll keep bring the piece on till its finished.

HiRes here: http://www.lendesign.com/3dmodels/Ford_GT-40/WipDriver.jpg

Cheers!

Attachments

• WipDriver.jpg
    WipDriver.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 403
Driver looks good.

Maybe he should be a bit more period?
Moustache and a open face helmet?

I was going to suggest that he be a like current 40 owner but that might not be that attractive. This is after all a fantasy ;)

BTW huge respect for learning Maya, I tried it once or twice and it is by far the biggest PITA software to learn I have ever come across.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Dude, this stuff is AMAZING!!! DO you have time to make these in 1280x1024 resolution? I'd love to have them as my desktops at work and at home!!

Absolutely amazing work!!!!

Driver looks good.
Maybe he should be a bit more period?
Moustache and a open face helmet?
I was going to suggest that he be a like current 40 owner but that might not be that attractive. This is after all a fantasy ;)
BTW huge respect for learning Maya, I tried it once or twice and it is by far the biggest PITA software to learn I have ever come across.

Thank you very much for the comments man, I thought about the vintage look too, I got the suit modeled when the idea pop up, so it was too late to turn it out in to the 70's direction. I brought an image very vintage though.

Just WOW!
Tks mate

Dude, this stuff is AMAZING!!! DO you have time to make these in 1280x1024 resolution? I'd love to have them as my desktops at work and at home!!
Absolutely amazing work!!!!

I will posted in several sizes for sure, I just want to finish the piece first, I'm working in the hot girls I mentioned before, stay tuned

I'm,I'm,STUNNED!!! freaking Amazing work Man. I sent you a PM

Thank you very much for the comment man, it will be nice to see your final paintings, let me know where are you posting.

This is a sketch for a poster I'm working on, It'll be 90 inches wide

Cheers!

Luis

Attachments

• GT40Poster.jpg
    GT40Poster.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 379
Luis can you do custom renders for us? I'd like a couple of nice high res images of your GT40 model in the colour scheme I am building my GT40. If you can PM me details of cost etc that would be great

Thanks

Trevor

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
I'd really just like the ones you've already done of the Gulf MkI in the 1280x1024. LOL I need to update my desktops with these like NOW! LOL

Keep up the fantastic work Luis!!!!

Hello gentlemen,
I haven't post in a while, it have been a busy time for a while. I started from scratch working in the driver, I'm painting the suit and I have a question for you. What are the right logos to use in the clothes, what brands are the sponsorships of the GT40s events these days?

Here a couple of images of the work in progress, thanks for the advice.
Cheers!

Attachments

• GT40DriverWip9.jpg
    GT40DriverWip9.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 230
  • GT40DriverWip2.jpg
    GT40DriverWip2.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 235
  • GT40DriverWip3.jpg
    GT40DriverWip3.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 244
  • GT40DriverWip9b.jpg
    GT40DriverWip9b.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 251
  • GT40DriverWip8.jpg
    GT40DriverWip8.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 237
Hello Gentlemen,
The lack of replys make me think I'm doing something wrong. I didn't mean to advertise any of these brands by using them in the suit of the driver, I just wanted to know if they were accurate, or they are not used in the GT40 races, and events nowadays.
Nevermind about my question then, I guess I'm moving on in the driver no matter what I use in the suit. I'll be sharing some final renders when done.

Here is a link to the progress, if someone is interested
CG Cars Community

Cheers!
Luis

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Luis,

Racing suits back in the 60's were way different than now. Hardly any sponsor logos (maybe a couple) and a completely different style. Helmets too were much different (and all of it was way less safe). What you're modeling is new style which conflicts with the period racing aspect of a GT40.

Personally, I think that modeling people is extremely difficult, although you are doing a great job of it. Another thing is that most of us want to look at these images and imagine that we're taking the shot of "our" car, and so seeing some CG guy standing around (or worse, sitting IN) the car seems odd.

I'd love to see you render the car moving at speed on a track (a section of the Nordschleife, or Circuit de la Sarthe), especially considering how awesome the vegas and beach (except the missing front tire tracks in the sand ;)) renders were.

Here are a couple images to show the driving suits of the day.

Keep up the great work Luis!

Mark

Attachments

• 005-Ford-GT40-01.jpg
    005-Ford-GT40-01.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 305
  • 023-Ferrari-04.jpg
    023-Ferrari-04.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 297
Thank you Rick,
I got indeed a couple of publications with Jalopnik these days. It was a pleasure to watch my model gainig this much exposure. Everything you want to know about the buiding process and so on, it can be found in there. It made my day yesterday, it was also a very nice birthday present. (april 14)

So big Cheers on that gentlemen!

A Ford GT40 render so beautiful it'll make you dream in pixels
Jalopnik - Drive Free or Die

This is somethig you can find interesting as well, check it out

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=121193&page=1&pp=15

Luis

Last edited:

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Luis, for period-correct driver apparel you might look at OCTANE's web site, there are some companies who sell Gulf jackets and driving suits etc, which are similar to the ones in period. Also if you look at John Allen's book (TFTBF) you will find a lot of photos of drivers in contemporary driving suits. I think this was in the pre-Nomex era, or at the beginning of it. The helmets look a lot like some modern Bell motorcycle helmets that are not full-face- they are called 3/4 helmets, I think.

Your artwork is amazing- can this be animated? Can you make a Ferrari P3 and have them race?

Congratulations Luis! A belated happy birthday as well.
Thank you Molleur :)

Luis, for period-correct driver apparel you might look at OCTANE's web site, there are some companies who sell Gulf jackets and driving suits etc, which are similar to the ones in period. Also if you look at John Allen's book (TFTBF) you will find a lot of photos of drivers in contemporary driving suits. I think this was in the pre-Nomex era, or at the beginning of it. The helmets look a lot like some modern Bell motorcycle helmets that are not full-face- they are called 3/4 helmets, I think.

Your artwork is amazing- can this be animated? Can you make a Ferrari P3 and have them race?

Tks a lot for all the info and they kind words, I started with a driver from that period but the suits and accessories were not as complex as I wanted to model it. Let's not forget the original goal of my work, I am a 3D artist and I look for models as complex as I can build. I found modern designs way more challenging. I'm sorry guys I'm going away from the 60s.
I got a couple of new renders I think you will love, the shots are done within the cockpit and they look as real as I could achieve. The driver will be model 2011 :) ZBrushCentral - Luis Nieves Race Car Driver Feel free to comment

Back