MDA MkII series II chassis

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Chris, congratulations.
Bud I don't have a problem with a couple of blokes having it out on the forum, in fact I find it entertaining I just think it is bloody rude to hijack someones thread to do it on.

Chris - If your wife is a lawyer, hopefully she'll refer you to a good one. Neither you nor she would want a conflict of interest or do they view things differently in UK?

MD

Howard Jones

Supporter
Holly S#*t batman!!! Wow,can't we all just get along. Now please, can Steve please have his build thread back.

It's a pretty big deal to go through the experience of researching one of these cars and getting up the courage to ask the wiffie and then spending a LOT of money on something you know you really don't need.

Then you go and do it. You wait god knows how long to have it arrive at your garage and then you open all the boxes, set in the cockpit and make engine noises and ALL that stuff.

About now you think youre SO proud of what you are about to do that you want to share it with all those cool people who love the same loud little weird car that you do, that you decide to post a build site. This being something that you are sure will attract all kinds of "help"... but you do it anyway and....... what happens ??????? The F#*#ing lawyers show up and steal it.

Geese get your own thread and have at it, but leave the poor guys new toy alone. After all he's probably been waiting all his life to do this.

By the way both of these guys have helped me out when I asked for it so I'm not really biased either way and given that I really have no idea what happened I'll not comment. I will say that this kind of public blood letting isn't very becomming of two people whos work I have respect for.

Last edited:
Some of the points above are clearly well made and I do not wish to labour the point on Steves build thread but I feel it necessary to reply to the above for the last time on this thread. I have apologised to Steve on behalf of all of us and wish him all the best with his build and hopefully this will now be unhindered on this forum

I agree that the place for this is elsewhere but hundreds have seen Melia’s damaging allegations of theft on this very thread and so this slander cannot go unanswered.

This very unpleasant situation was started by Melia slandering us, without any reference to us, from his sight of a photo following a post by his associate Fran Hall.

Melia is writing nonsense and distorting time and reality regarding the Goodwood project.

The period of collaboration (ie his wanting to sell us MkII rear clips) to which he refers was in 2003 and due to his changing pricing and specification we decided to make our own clip to our specifications at that time. The first MkII we sold was over two years after ceasing collaboration with Melia, he knows this full well.

Melia insinuates there are many lining up in litigation against us. Nonsense. Melia has sought to deride MDA and to alarm, encourage and goad dissatisfaction with our customers and potential customers at every opportunity particularly since the Goodwood project and is again presently grooming one of our customers. Nothing to do with his own manufacturing supply ambitions?

I do not seek to inflame the issue any but Melia appears intent on blackening our name at every opportunity, remember about throwing stones in glasshouses Chris.

Melia asks “Why did we buy the car back from JP?” We immediately took responsibility for issues, not all of which were our responsibility, and in goodwill refunded our customer’s money immediately.

Now can I ask Melia a question? What interest will you now have in the supply of Roaring Forties RF GT40 parts or cars since your close management involvement with Robert Logan, advising him to move his production to South Africa, introductions, then advising him during the setup and advising throughout his manufacturing time in South Africa?

Despite not even asking to see the clip in question he tries to bully us into paying him for something which we created alone and for which he is not entitled merely because he’d done the same thing and from sight of a photo taken 30 feet away fires off an impressive invoice and accusations of theft on a public forum viewed by hundreds of people, our customers and possible potential customers. A very serious matter. And if this happened to any of you, would you remain silent and allow such serious accusations to continue unanswered?

We look keenly forward to rebuffing his ridiculous allegations over this rear clip in Court with proof and the truth.

Mark MDA

Mark Sibley said:
The period of collaboration (ie his wanting to sell us MkII rear clips) to which he refers was in 2003 and due to his changing pricing and specification we decided to make our own clip to our specifications at that time. The first MkII we sold was over two years after ceasing collaboration with Melia, he knows this full well.

1: Mark you are in fantasy land produce any letter or email changing price or specification on the MK11 clips that I sent to you.

2: Why after the two years that you claim you ceased to produce Mk11's in conjunction with me do you still use my name on your web site?
Is it to mislead people?

PS. we are all now on the new thread.
regards

Chris.

Howard Jones said:
Holly S#*t batman!!! Wow,can't we all just get along. Now please, can Steve please have his build thread back.

Howard you sum up exactly how I feel!

Ron , please tidy up the do-do as you suggested.

Regards

SteveB

Pantera1889 said:
Awesome pictures Steve!
Is the chassis powdercoated or painted?

Hi Ron

Thanks for your post, there has been a lot of side issues and I missed your question. The panels are all pre treated with phosphate then powdercoated. I think the black with the ally rivets gives a nice contrast and should avoid the oxidation that spoils untreated ally

Regards

SteveB

Back