My posts, opinions please!

Andre,
Don't stop posting. I find your posts more than informative, as it was before I was born.

You also state position and say those magic words of it is your understanding etc. That is what the forum is about.

Brett

PS Any luck with that info I sent you?

Andre, one more vote for you and your stories. To all of us who love these cars but were not fortunate enough to be around during their glory days; your information is truly remarkable, your writing style wonderfully smooth and your sense of humor subtle and entertaining.

Keep up the good work.

Dave Harris

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Andre, I don't think there has ever been a statue sculpted to honour a critic. Like all the previous replies I find your posts informative and intersting. Keep them coming.
Thanks for your kind words about the Dolphin post, glad you enjoyed it.

Andre

As a relative 'Newbie' I have found your postings both fasinating and informative.

You have given all of us an insite into a world long since past, much to my disappointment, when being 'a gentleman' actually meant something, 'sportsmanship' prevailed and 'respect' meant something more than just a word banded around by people with little or no comprehension on what the word actully means.

Please keep posting and get your memoirs published!

JohnJ

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Andre !!
I personally enjoy your posts. The only way you could make them better, would be to include more Lola T70 information in them. As for the people putting up the bitching, if they don't enjoy your posts, it would be VERY easy for them not to click on it and read it. BUT, then what would they have to bitch about. It sounds like they are trying to make up for personal deficiencies, by trying to act bigger than life behind a keyboard and slamming you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Regards Brian

Andre

Don't worry about the negative people they are jelous of your wounderful experiences. Keep up the the interesting posts. "Never take anything personal."

Andre,
you have been there, done that, got more than the T-shirt. Where as most of us have not been. So keep the stories coming so we can feel that we have been there, with you!
Thanks
Murray

Malcolm

Supporter
Andre

Carry on posting. If people can't use discretion to read only the posts that interest them then they have the problem. I do skip long posts but that doesn't make them bad or not wanted by others. Clearly, from the comments above, the loss is mine and no one elses! Carry on.

Malcolm

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter
Andre,
Please keep posting the stories, which I've enjoyed pretty much, back in '60s.

Every forum has someone who thinks they are God's gift to that forum. I participate in a few and run another one about this size.

It always amazes me how brave some people get when they are behind a computer screen.

Personally, I think you should just ignore them.

The actions you describe remind me of the following:

Bad manners are like bad teeth, you don't know a person has them until they open their mouth

Andre,

Until your accuser shows he has huevos and tells his side of
the story, proves his point, and demonstrates that this not
a personal attack, keep posting.

I said it before and I'll say it again - if your first post
ever on this board were to be your last, we'd all miss out on
some great stories, points of view, information - and still
have to recognize the value you provided this board with
that one post.

You know, between this issue, and the Ron posted about complaints
over how this board is run, I am kind of perturbed over
the spinelessness of some people, the personal attacks,
and the whining going on. This forum has been around since
2001, and it has grown immensely in that time. Over the
years it has attracted the most understanding and helpful
people I have ever met on a board, and have even met some
of them in person - and have found them just as pleasant
if not moreso offline.

So, in a nutshell - Andre and Ron - my one word reply for
the detractors - "Whatever"

And one more thing:

Opinions are like assholes - everyone has one, and everyone
thinks everyone else's stinks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ian

Andre, please keep posting, they've been something I really look forward to reading, especially the backgrounder on David Piper's F3L...

Here's one person from Canada joining the rest of the world community on this forum wishing you to continue your posts.

Best regards,

Rick

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Andre,

Now that your posting here has been validated, please get off the mark and post some stories!

There must be some more tales to tell! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi all,

I thought it would be best to wait for a few days for responses to my question.

When someone accuses you of something I think it's human nature to feel guilty and withdraw into your shell and to think that maybe you haven't done the good job you think you have. When the accusation was made via a local telephone call in Cape Town I must say that I was gobsmacked.

I then thought I would put it to the test by asking forum members for their opinions. Having done that I thank all of you most sincerely for your kind words and messages of support.

Now that we are over that one let's continue sharing information and talking to one another through this amazing and friendly website.

By the way, the person who made the accusation is not a forum member.

Thanks again,
Andre 40

Back