New build GT racing chassis

Hello to everyone.
I have just begun with my GT40 kit (partial) which I bought from GT Racing.
Am going to my local meet at London Colney this evening.

If anyone has any parts to sell I'd be interested to hear from you.
I could do with a set of 15" pin drive rims to get the kit rolling and an exhaust for a Ford 302.

Colin

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Colin,

Welcome to GT40s.com...
I've taken the liberty to move this thread over to the Build Logs section in the hope that you will share your build with us as it progresses!

Hi,
thanks Randy for moving my post
and to Nick and Paul, I have the Gt Racing chassis with some panels, wiring loom and the suspension front and rear, I brought the kit home at the end of May and have been busy bolting bits on and riveting..
I'll upload a few photos at the weekend when I've worked out how to negotiate myself around this site!

I'll also post another thread in the parts section for the parts I need if anyone can help...
Thanks
Colin (London)

Hi Ian, yes you're right, GT Racing is the new name for the MDA

Paul, re the photos, I have taken a few but I think I need to upload them to
a site like flickr or photobucket as they need a URL to post them on here?
Unless there's a different way?

Thanks
Colin

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Ian, yes you're right, GT Racing is the new name for the MDA

Paul, re the photos, I have taken a few but I think I need to upload them to
a site like flickr or photobucket as they need a URL to post them on here?
Unless there's a different way?

Thanks
Colin

You can upload images from the Manage Attachments section of the Advance Reply or New Thread logic.
If you are using an Apple iPad or iPhone, unfortunately this forum software will only allow you to upload a single image directly and you'll need to use an image hosting site in order to embed the URLs of more than a single image.
Some info is here ::
GT40s.com - FAQ: Reading and Posting Messages

Photo of the chassis
19.5.15P1010332_zpsph86ln7v.jpg

Bit of panel work and suspension '
P1010553_zpsjad4dl4v.jpg
in place'
Trial fitting a block so I can get an idea of where the pipework runs and how big an air con pump I can use..
P1010476_zpsai2ppkek.jpg

I'm thinking of using this 302 Mustang engine as it's a drop in although I've just discovered it has 289 heads so no good for unleaded unless I use an additive
P1010548_zpsfxacaatm.jpg

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Colin,
I would not hesitate a moment in using those heads with unleaded fuel unless you were planning on putting on forty thousand kilometers per year.. If you plan on any sustained highway trips, you can always put in a top cylinder lubricant in the fuel or a lead substitute (not sure of availability over there)..
Push come to shove, you could have hardened exhaust seats installed. The intakes are generally fine..

The front uprights look similar to Ultima, Gardner Douglas and Southern GT. Only an observation.

does anyone know if they are available anywhere else?

I like the look of the chassis as well, nicely finished. Panelling looks neat and tidy as well.

Regards Ryan

Last edited:
The front uprights look similar to Ultima, Gardner Douglas and Southern GT. Only an observation.

does anyone know if they are available anywhere else?

I like the look of the chassis as well, nicely finished. Panelling looks neat and tidy as well.

Regards Ryan

John Whisher is quite well known to fabricate similar superb uprights ....

Back