JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
Probably most people use the New Posts button to save time and to see what's new on the forum, however I recently discovered a handy way to screen what pops up when you hit the New Posts.

If you're not interested in, for example, The Paddock, and don't want to see new posts there, simply go to your UserCP, then under the Settings & Options category on the left, select the Edit Options button, then scroll all the way down to the Miscellaneous Options. You'll see that in the last window on the page, called Forums to Exclude From View you can highlight any subforums or areas that you're not interested in, and where you don't want to be informed about new posts. You can still search these areas, or manually browse them, but you won't be notified of new posts in them.

Ron Earp

Admin
And, you can also screen by users. Find someone's posts bothersome? Remember their UserID (UserID is under the avatar, Display Name is the name in large font) then go to your User CP then select Edit Ignore List on the left hand side, pop their UserID in there and you won't have to see posts from them anymore.

And, you can also screen by users. Find someone's posts bothersome? Remember their UserID (UserID is under the avatar, Display Name is the name in large font) then go to your User CP then select Edit Ignore List on the left hand side, pop their UserID in there and you won't have to see posts from them anymore.

This only applies to User Id's, doesnt work if its any of admin/moderators that we might wish to place on the ignore list.....

Ron Earp

Admin
This only applies to User Id's, doesnt work if its any of admin/moderators that we might wish to place on the ignore list.....

Hmm, I didn't know that, good to know.

I'm not offended, I'll fix it so you won't have to read any of my posts.

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
other forums I use have a "vaispy.php" to give a live feed - is that not possible on here, Ron? Does it have to be a different version of VBulletin?

Ron Earp

Admin
other forums I use have a "vaispy.php" to give a live feed - is that not possible on here, Ron? Does it have to be a different version of VBulletin?

Sure, we could run it. It just pops the threads up in real time. However, that isn't what this question was about. People wanted to know how they could screen the paddock or users out of the "New Posts" section (which we'd still have even if we ran vaispy). Looks like Admins and Moderators cannot be excluded based on vBulletin's structure. I'll figure something out though.

Hello? Is anybody out there? :uneasy:

Patience Keith. This isn't a forum tended 24-7 and I have to sleep, and do that little thing called "work", and so on. ;)

Keith

No worries Ron, I just figured I might be high up on the "ignore" list!

Work. Hmmm, interesting concept.. :laugh:

Ron Earp

Admin
No worries Ron, I just figured I might be high up on the "ignore" list!

Work. Hmmm, interesting concept.. :laugh:

Oh no, not on my list at all. There are only two people on my "Ignore" list and I've not seen them around in a long time......

Back