New potential GT40s.com logo opinions please

Hello all,

A while ago Ron mentioned that he was contemplating trying to find a new logo for the website. Well I have photoshop and a little time on my hands so I found a photo off of the NZ website and decided to "work" with it. I think it's a pic from John S. Allen's "GT40: The Legend Lives On". Anyway, let me know that everyone thinks... If the consensus is good then the site will need permission from the publisher... maybe someone here will know the contact information for Osprey Pub.

I didn't do a lot to the photo, but I like the results.

Thanks,
Shannon

Here it is;

Attachments

• 25521-gt40s-logo-small.gif
    25521-gt40s-logo-small.gif
    97.2 KB · Views: 295
Sorry! Don't like it. A logo represents the forum and I don't think that it does the job properly.

We should have something special like a very nice Flash animated logo, which could then show the movement of 40 which we all love.

Regards,

J.P

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Well, knowing that these are the colors that Ron is going to use on his RF 40, I'd say that this is quite appropriate.

It just dawned on me that you used the oil painting tool on the photo. I'm not sure because when I first looked at it, I just thought there was a resolution issue with it in the post. Now, I see exactly what you were going for and it is cool. But you know what they say about 1st impressions. I truly mean this as constructive criticism.

[ QUOTE ]
Well, knowing that these are the colors that Ron is going to use on his RF 40, I'd say that this is quite appropriate.

It just dawned on me that you used the oil painting tool on the photo. I'm not sure because when I first looked at it, I just thought there was a resolution issue with it in the post. Now, I see exactly what you were going for and it is cool. But you know what they say about 1st impressions. I truly mean this as constructive criticism.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lynn,

I may need to adjust it a little anyway, I had to reduce the photo quite a bit to get it to post. By doing this my effects lost some of their kick.

I've never been a big fan of flash animation on anything other than a title screen. The movement is a bit distracting.

Admittedly, this is my first attempt... I've been a Photoshop user for about....oh a month now, so criticism doesn't hurt. I was just playing when I made the photo, and I happened to like the results.

-Shannon

heres one i made [quick job] i got the orriginal pic from the Ford GT site, i kinda like it [abit basic tho]

Attachments

• 39412-untitled logo23.JPG
    39412-untitled logo23.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 301

Malcolm

Supporter
I am sure this point was made previously about pictures but don't we need to have the picture owner's consent before we can make use of a picture in the way discussed? This is something we already have with our current logo, which in my view does capture everything about the 40 already. Is our current logo broken?

However, what if we had a policy, just for the fun of it, that we had a new logo each quarter and that submissions are made on a regular basis with a moderator specificaaly for the task. Just a suggestion. Everyone gets a go and more people are more happy more of the time!

Hi Guys
this was my submission two years ago?
Regards
Chris

PS I had permission from the artist to use it

Attachments

• 39443-marquee 2.jpg
    39443-marquee 2.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 256
Back