New Transaxle Option

(Reposting in the correct forum section)
Hi everyone, Nathan here, proud new forum sponsor! :)

We're looking for feedback on our brand new transaxle, which has a lot of goodies. 6-speed street sequential built for high torque V8's.
It's got a quick change rear end, built in pump, solenoid bump stick shifting (no more cables!), and choice of Eaton Truetrac or ELocker diffs. It's also transversely mounted, so no overhangs and all the gears are packed under the stub shafts for great weight distribution. There are a bunch more features, but those are the ones that come to mind.

Tooling is all finished, and we just started endurance testing 4 boxes. I'm being told retail will be under $15k. All your comments and feedback would be really appreciated!

Neil

Supporter
Nathan;

To get an accurate reading from an IR temperature sensor you need to spray a very thin coat of flat black to the surface you're measuring. Otherwise, the lower emissivity of the surface will make the reading inaccurate. For just a rough reading it isn't necessary in most cases, though.

Straight cut gears?

Nathan;

To get an accurate reading from an IR temperature sensor you need to spray a very thin coat of flat black to the surface you're measuring. Otherwise, the lower emissivity of the surface will make the reading inaccurate. For just a rough reading it isn't necessary in most cases, though.

Straight cut gears?
Hi Neil, thanks for that info, I'll keep that in mind.
The gearbox has helical cut gears for driveability, strength, and they're much quieter than straight cut gears.
Here's a short animation of our gearing:

Eric B

Eric
Nathan, Is the offset from the bellhousing to the centerline of the axles (output) the same as a RBT?

E

I was looking at your box a while ago, very interesting design, it'd be great flipped over for low outputs for us Safari boys, my budget doesn't stretch that far though :D

Hi Nathan
I am very interested in your transmission Can you supply dimensional details . I would like a strong trans for my GT40. I've just torn up a Porsche G96 and have had enough of Porsche prices. Any help would be appreciated
Cheers
Woody

Back