New Zealand rated most peaceful, U.S. 83

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Better Gun Control?

Although I'd also hate to get hit with a drive-by Boomerang!!! :)

Randy needs to do a bit more research as well, especially in geography!!:):) The Aborigines of a Australia would need a 'bloody good throw' to get their boomerangs across the 'Tasman Creek'.

Yeah, most peaceful. That is until I get there.......wait a minute.....is that why they won't let me(or Brian) in? Jac Mac,is the US #83 because they only included 83 on the list?

Yeah, most peaceful. That is until I get there.......wait a minute.....is that why they won't let me(or Brian) in? Jac Mac,is the US #83 because they only included 83 on the list?

After reading Brians BBQ post earlier the most dangerous spot on the planet about now is probably anywhere between him & the Missus. When he is in intensive care recovering from spousal inflicted trauma he wont be too concerned about real estate profits.

AJ , not clever to suggest that the USA is last at #83, that would suggest others like Iran, Afghanistan, etc etc are more peaceful, keep that up & Fran & Co will be putting replicas aside again to chase a more lucrative market of building Kevlar armour plated SUV's, oh but wait, there is a Kiwi over the USA doing that already, guy by name of Millen IIRC, see ,where would you be without us, thats why were not too concerned about Jay,Joey,& Fran nicking off with all our sheep:):) Baa, Baa, black sheep..................

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Randy needs to do a bit more research as well, especially in geography!!:):) The Aborigines of a Australia would need a 'bloody good throw' to get their boomerangs across the 'Tasman Creek'.

I reckon it would depend upon the prevailing winds... :)

Actually my son had been talking recently about a young fella there in NZ who has quite a collection of Boomerangs and is a throwing champion. He was more interested in the artwork than the actual weapon though.. Sorry - it just made a connection.

So to what does NZ attribute it's peaceful nature?

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I reckon it would depend upon the prevailing winds... :)

Actually my son had been talking recently about a young fella there in NZ who has quite a collection of Boomerangs and is a throwing champion. He was more interested in the artwork than the actual weapon though.. Sorry - it just made a connection.

All the bad Kiwis have moved to Bondi.:)

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I thought it was pretty clever on the part of the NZ Prison service to use the free seats on all those wayward boomerang return flights..............:):)

Actually it has been a great benefit to Bondi Council, all the KIwi's girl friends do all the lawn mowing for them.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Did you hear about this Jack?

An Aussie bloke is having a quiet drink in a bar in Bondi and leans over to the big guy next to him and says, 'Do you wanna hear a Kiwi joke?

The big guy replies, 'Well mate, before you tell that joke, you should know something. I'm 1.90 m tall, 125 kg and I played as a forward for the All Blacks."

"The guy next to me is 1.85 m, weighs 115 kg and he's an ex-All Black lock."

"Next to him is a bloke who's 2 m tall, weighs 120 kg and he's a current All Black second rower. Now do you still want to tell that Kiwi joke?"

The first bloke says, "Nah, not if I'm going to have to explain it three times."

Randy, all jokes aside its much like any other country, there are some areas/streets in most towns/cities that a local would hesitate to drive down late at night. It probably comes down to it being a relatively small country, size/distance wise and that 'we' have to get on with each other, you cannot leave by other than large plane or boat.
While Pete, Russ, & I joke about the 'Kiwi invasion of Bondi' ( probably like all the surfers gathering to California in the USA ) there is a large number of Kiwis in OZ . I spent a few weeks in Perth .W.A. during the early eighties and noticed that most were there 'initially' to get away from a problem at home, the fact that they were 'alone' in a new country meant they probably worked longer hours & harder than they ever did back in NZ.
We see the same with other people that come to NZ to start a new life & you will often here a 'local' comment about how hard these people work.
By the same token you will often here a 'lazy' local moan that they are stealing his/her job.

Any of the above sound familiar.:):)

To many people I guess I live down in the sticks, BUT, within 2 hours drive I 'could ...
1. Be at the top of a mountain about to ride a chairlift for snow skiing.
2. On a boat to catch any type of fish I cared too.
3. In the bush, hunting, photographing, whatever...
4. Walking along a coastal beach.
5. At an international airport to fly to OZ etc.
6. On the local race circuit testing a car.
7. At one of three aviation centers riding in a Vintage Aircraft, WW2 Fighter, or doing a tandem Skydive etc.

In 6 hrs I could drive up to visit Russ, Lim etc & find a similar range of attractions plus a few more within a 2 hr drive.

Did you hear about this Jack?

An Aussie bloke is having a quiet drink in a bar in Bondi and leans over to the big guy next to him and says, 'Do you wanna hear a Kiwi joke?

The big guy replies, 'Well mate, before you tell that joke, you should know something. I'm 1.90 m tall, 125 kg and I played as a forward for the All Blacks."

"The guy next to me is 1.85 m, weighs 115 kg and he's an ex-All Black lock."

"Next to him is a bloke who's 2 m tall, weighs 120 kg and he's a current All Black second rower. Now do you still want to tell that Kiwi joke?"

The first bloke says, "Nah, not if I'm going to have to explain it three times."

Yes Pete, thats the third time you have told us that joke...........:):)

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Randy, all jokes aside its much like any other country, there are some areas/streets in most towns/cities that a local would hesitate to drive down late at night. It probably comes down to it being a relatively small country, size/distance wise and that 'we' have to get on with each other, you cannot leave by other than large plane or boat.
While Pete, Russ, & I joke about the 'Kiwi invasion of Bondi' ( probably like all the surfers gathering to California in the USA ) there is a large number of Kiwis in OZ . I spent a few weeks in Perth .W.A. during the early eighties and noticed that most were there 'initially' to get away from a problem at home, the fact that they were 'alone' in a new country meant they probably worked longer hours & harder than they ever did back in NZ.
We see the same with other people that come to NZ to start a new life & you will often here a 'local' comment about how hard these people work.
By the same token you will often here a 'lazy' local moan that they are stealing his/her job.

Any of the above sound familiar.:):)

To many people I guess I live down in the sticks, BUT, within 2 hours drive I 'could ...
1. Be at the top of a mountain about to ride a chairlift for snow skiing.
2. On a boat to catch any type of fish I cared too.
3. In the bush, hunting, photographing, whatever...
4. Walking along a coastal beach.
5. At an international airport to fly to OZ etc.
6. On the local race circuit testing a car.
7. At one of three aviation centers riding in a Vintage Aircraft, WW2 Fighter, or doing a tandem Skydive etc.

In 6 hrs I could drive up to visit Russ, Lim etc & find a similar range of attractions plus a few more within a 2 hr drive.

Thats it, I'm on my way over when I retire boys!
Jac I have to repeat them I know what your memory's like.:thumbsup:

David Lowe

Lifetime Supporter
Jac
The wife and I spent a wonderful fortnight in your Sth Island last year and stayed with some friends in Dunedin that we met on a tour in Europe. He mentioned that one of the local car sales yard had a GT40 on their roof as a talking point. As you can guess I had to see this and sure enough there it was at a place called Celica Motors. Even though it was only a shell it still looked impressive. (Not sure if it still there).
What really got me going though was the number of historic American, Local and European cars that were being restored in a local automotive workshop (the quality of the rebuilds were brilliant). He allowed me to look around and take some photo's but I didn't think it would be appropriate to post them on this web without his permission.
Anyway for my 5c worth aside from the friendly bantering my NZ friend and I had about Kiwi's and their sheep and us being Two-Headed Tasmanians I can but only agree with the ratings.
David

Attachments

• DSC00752.jpg
    DSC00752.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 194
I guess how they count the beans is always a factor. Like is it total crime for the country or per capita? I remember seeing a movie called "Once Were Warriors" from NZ. Much crime in the poor sections and with gangs?

Jim

Keith

Talking about peaceful countries, I believe this snippet came from an Australian Shooting Magazine (it is alleged)

"If you consider that there has been an average of 160,000 troops in the Iraq Theater of operations during the past 22 months, and a total of 2112 deaths, that gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000 soldiers.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
P><P style=
<o:p></o:p>
The firearm death rate in Washington , DC is 80.6 per 100,000 for the same period. That means you are about 25 per cent more likely to be shot and killed in the US capital, which has some of the strictest gun control laws in the US , than you are in Iraq .<o:p></o:p>

Conclusion: The US should pull out of Washington.”<o:p></o:p>

<o:p>PS Please don't shoot the messenger... :uneasy:</o:p>

Back