Newbie- Question about CAV

Hi,

I'm about to purchase a CAV that needs about 85% completion. I am curious as to where I can find a build/assembly manual, any sources for parts other than the manufacturer and additional info.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

Looking at the car on ebay, are ya? Looks to be a great deal.

Don't have a CAV myself, but they look to be great cars.

You've come to the right place, I'm sure someone will jump in with some help.

Pat

Supporter
Welcome Jeff and I'm sure you'll enjoy your CAV as much as I do mine. I'm not sure what state of assembly you're in but if you post what parts you may need, I'm confident someone on the site will have a source for you. If you have a particular assembly you're working on, post where you are and perhaps some of us can shoot some photos of our completed assembly for you.
In addition to Johann, I've had great success in my contacts with the factory and I'd consider them a resource as well.

Jeff, you'll really enjoy that CAV.....when she's built, and during the build process if you're patient and enjoy that kind of work. A well built CAV is a heck of a great piece of automotive fun.

I think you'll find a very active and welcoming group of guys here to help you along the way.

Cheers.

Hi Jeff,

My CAV is a wonderful machine with the stainless moncoque and the interior it is a work of art.

Enjoy the ride.

Eric

Picture attached

Attachments

• GT 40 007.jpg
    GT 40 007.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 197
  • GT 40 012.jpg
    GT 40 012.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 220
I'll join in on what has already been stated. Johann and the factory (Jean Foure) will provide invaluable support. Whenever I've needed information they have been right there to answer questions. In addition I can attest to the support you'll get from other owners of this fantastic car. My good friend VEEK is just one example and there are many others who will help. Buy it, Build it, Drive it, Love it. BTW, seeing you reside in New York, Bill Andrews at HRE has built quite a few CAV's in his day. He too has answered many questions I've had. Good Luck.

Back