Original Replacement Parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Jay - Will your dual nostril hood fit my Mk1 replica? Also do you have rear brake ducts for the Mk1? Thanks!

I realy can't tell if my inserts will fit other bodys. Mine will fit all original cars and anything else that copy original bodys. I have not made rear brake ducts that go on the uprights as there is alot of variations. I do have the outside snorkle scoops. Its easier to reach me at [email protected]

We have had alot of requests for the header flanges we use to make our GT40 headers for the Gurney-Weslake heads. We will now be selling these in a set of 8 for $95 to help out those guys wanting to build their own headers for these engines. They are .250 thick mild steel cut for 1.75 tubes.

Attachments

• DSC07715.jpg
    DSC07715.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 395
  • DSC07716.jpg
    DSC07716.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 344
We have just finished our first 2 sets of the rear sspension support struts. The are tig welded 4130 made with stampings from original prints. We will have more done and ready for sale soon.

Attachments

• g8 012.jpg
    g8 012.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 428
  • g8 013.jpg
    g8 013.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 399
  • g8 011.jpg
    g8 011.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 369
We have the Mk 1 rear swaybar links done now. They are tig welded 4130 jig built to original specs. Both ends are CNC machined. The pics show a set next to one of my original NOS parts. These are ready and sell at $135 a set.

Attachments

• Rear Swaybar Link 001.jpg
    Rear Swaybar Link 001.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 430
  • Rear Swaybar Link 003.jpg
    Rear Swaybar Link 003.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 377
  • Rear Swaybar Link 004.jpg
    Rear Swaybar Link 004.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 367
We have finaly finished the front upper ball joint housings. These are cnc machined from 1 piece billet and then have the retaining washer silver soldiered on th retain the rubber boot. These were as difficult as any part we have made so far but as far as I know we are the only ones with them for sale. They will sell for $575 a pair. The ball joint pins are being machined now as well.

Attachments

• ball joint ptss 017.jpg
    ball joint ptss 017.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 409
  • ball joint ptss 014.jpg
    ball joint ptss 014.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 419
  • ball joint ptss 013.jpg
    ball joint ptss 013.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 353
Here are the cnc machined upper ball joint pins. This pic shows them before they leave to get copper plated and next to 1 of my originals. These are exact right down to the cotter pin slots.

Attachments

• ball joint ptss 006.jpg
    ball joint ptss 006.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 383
  • ball joint ptss 007.jpg
    ball joint ptss 007.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 328
  • ball joint ptss 009.jpg
    ball joint ptss 009.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 325
  • ball joint ptss 010.jpg
    ball joint ptss 010.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 331
We have made all the linkage parts for the gt40 Gurney weslake engine. I am waiting on the corect carb arms to be laser cut but will have them soon. This is correct and made from blueprints and has all the geometry worked out by FORD. Every part is right including the monoballs. The turkey pans are coming as well.

Attachments

• GW Bellcranks.jpg
    GW Bellcranks.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 358
  • GW Bellcranks 1.jpg
    GW Bellcranks 1.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 379
  • G-W Linkage Mts 1.jpg
    G-W Linkage Mts 1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 346
  • GW Linkage.jpg
    GW Linkage.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 369
  • 104-0500_IMG[1].jpg
    104-0500_IMG[1].jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 499
Thanks Jay,
the latest shipment arrived with me today. Superb as usual.

Hopefully I will be after more parts in the near future, with luck the USD/GBP ratio will have steadied a bit by then as well ;)

Cheers

Craig

I now have the the original window hardware available. This is the aluminum version and we are looking into the lexan version as well. We also offer both styles as shown in the pics. Most cars came with the round ring pins and alot were changed later on to a bolt and lock nut. I can sell it either way. All the screws are stainless steel and included. The complete sets with mounting screws are $395 a set which is for 1 full car. Once again I have included a pic of my original set to compare.

Attachments

• window hardware 001.jpg
    window hardware 001.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 478
  • window hardware 003.jpg
    window hardware 003.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 483
  • window hdw original.jpg
    window hdw original.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 446
I have the rear stub axle retaining parts done. This includes the 3/4" stud and matching aircraft locknut as well as the special retainer washer. These are made from original blueprints and the nuts are aircraft surplus. The complete set up sells for $95 for both sides or can be bought individualy.

Attachments

• Rear Axle Stud Asy.jpg
    Rear Axle Stud Asy.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 361
  • Rear Axle Stud.jpg
    Rear Axle Stud.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 319
  • Rear Axle Washer.jpg
    Rear Axle Washer.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 313
  • REar Axle Stud Nut.jpg
    REar Axle Stud Nut.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 341

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
I now have the the original window hardware available. This is the aluminum version and we are looking into the lexan version as well. We also offer both styles as shown in the pics. Most cars came with the round ring pins and alot were changed later on to a bolt and lock nut. I can sell it either way. All the screws are stainless steel and included. The complete sets with mounting screws are $395 a set which is for 1 full car. Once again I have included a pic of my original set to compare.

Jay, some very nice looking pieces you are producing and at very competitive pricing. For comparison the window hardware set I got from a UK supplier cost 395GBP + shipping and it doesn't look anywhere near the quality of your reproduction parts. Do you offer complete Hartwell Latches?

Keep up the excellent work.

Last edited:
Jay, unfortunately I have to make a complaint here in this forum because there was no reaction on my mails in July and August. Now parts are here in Switzerland and as announced in the mails, parts, that I have aleady paid before, and you have confirmed that they where in stock and delivered, we haven't found in the crate you have sent to AZ.

We never received a confirmation or a bill of sale, nothing.

My friend Shannon made the exact inventory after receiving the crate before it leaves US in the beginning of September. He also tried to reach you by phone several times and by mail.

What shall we do now ? My deepest respect for your work and the quality of your parts, no question. But I guess, that even if people are far away, this shouldn't be a reason to don't take care.

You can send me a pm with a proposal for a good solution for both, because now you have to send me the parts for free to Switzerland. As I already wrote once, I still would like to work together with you, but there must be some change in commercial behaviour.

Kind regards Marcel.

Your headlight covers have been shipped free of charge directly to you so I would not hold up that large shipping crate of all the other parts that you bought. I have sent and paid for those at my costs to let all the rest get to you on time.

We have the add on flares for the wide body Gulf cars. These will cover 14" rear wheels. These will fit all original body work as well as much of the kit car world as well. These are made to blend just as the original Gulf cars but could be cut back to fit about any bodywork. This package should give you a 86" wide tail. We also have a milder set of medium width flares to cover 12" wheels and be around 82" wide at the arch. These come with the matching rocker flares as well and sell for $495 a complete set.

Attachments

• gulf flares 1.jpg
    gulf flares 1.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 354
  • gulf flares 2.jpg
    gulf flares 2.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 362
  • gulf flares 4.jpg
    gulf flares 4.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 376
Hi Jay,

Thanks for the quick reply and your assistance.
But I have never received any kind of information about this, and of course no covers at all. Please send me more informations, like delivery papers or tracking informations, with a PM.

I am looking forward to your prompt answer.
Regards Marcel.

WE have both upper and lower ball joints back from the platers. These are exact nd plated with a little under .001 of copper just as the originals for added insurance that they do not freeze up in the uprights. These have the slots for the cotter pins as original. They sell for $225 a set of 4.

Attachments

• Balljoint Set 1.jpg
    Balljoint Set 1.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 333
  • Balljoint Set 2.jpg
    Balljoint Set 2.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 309
These are the rocker flares to match the wide body flares I posted earlier. These will glass on to most everybodys rockers as well as originals. These are included with the wide body flares or available seperatly for $75 a set.

Attachments

• Riocker Flares 2.jpg
    Riocker Flares 2.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 296
  • Rocker Flares 1.jpg
    Rocker Flares 1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 306
Hi Jay

Thank you for the parts. I received the light covers.

Very nice new web-side on cushmancompetition.com.

Regards Marcel.

I have had the original door striker plates cnc cut with all holes drilled from the correct material. These will probably only work with original door hardware. These are part number GT40P-1-2535 and are the same for both sides. I added a pic of 1 next to an original to compare.

Attachments

• Door Striker Plates 001.jpg
    Door Striker Plates 001.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 329
  • Door Striker Plates 002.jpg
    Door Striker Plates 002.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 367
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back