Over 92 million Americans out of work force

May it also be noted that the article, which was the inspiration for this thread, was from
CBS, part of the "legitimate" journalistic regime of America.

I rarely bother quoting Fox News because it is just too easy for the lefties to dismiss it. Doesn't seem to stop them from calling it "Fox News" anyway.

And for our British Comrades;

Dr Helen Stokes-Lampard, of the Royal College of GPs, said: “My biggest fear is that those who are most vulnerable and least assertive are getting overlooked. The patients who shout the loudest will get the urgent appointments, but many others are left waiting for far too long.”

Millions wait a week to see GP - Telegraph

Whilst that is not good and the government are looking to improve the situation. It is inferably preferable to the stories my mother in law (who trained as a nurse in the second world war and worked for the NHS when it was introduced) used to tell us of how awful it was before the NHS and you could only see a doctor if you could afford to pay, unless you were fortunate to have a generous doctor, and how fantastic it was when the NHS was introduced.

The problem is there are fewer and fewer people left who remember how bad it was before the NHS. Despite that and despite its failings I am willing to bet you will not find many from any political persuasion who would advocate the dismantling of the NHS and going back to the bad old days.

P.S. In my opinion the reason for the long wait to see a GP compared to what it used to be is various governments trying to save money on the health budget, and trying to turn health care into a US style business model.

I cant see how paying for healthcare is going to work, what happens to those who bang on past retirement for twenty years plus that have no savings , children and those in further education? Who bridges this gap and where from?

Bob

Keith

Whilst that is not good and the government are looking to improve the situation. It is inferably preferable to the stories my mother in law (who trained as a nurse in the second world war and worked for the NHS when it was introduced) used to tell us of how awful it was before the NHS and you could only see a doctor if you could afford to pay, unless you were fortunate to have a generous doctor, and how fantastic it was when the NHS was introduced.

The problem is there are fewer and fewer people left who remember how bad it was before the NHS. Despite that and despite its failings I am willing to bet you will not find many from any political persuasion who would advocate the dismantling of the NHS and going back to the bad old days.

P.S. In my opinion the reason for the long wait to see a GP compared to what it used to be is various governments trying to save money on the health budget, and trying to turn health care into a US style business model.

Permit me to offer a tangent here. Although I was but a mere stripling when the NHS was born, Mother was traditionally the house doctor. My own mother regarded all doctors as 'quacks' and never trusted any of them including the drugs they dished out. In her library was every home remedy medical book ever published and a lot of holistic stuff too. I have been through them since her demise, and it is extraordinary how much knowledge of some quite serious ailments was in the public domain and treatable at home, and, how little 'new' there is in medicine in the past 75 years. Drugs are the big development.

Together with a good pharmacist a goodly portion of the population took care of themselves. Of course, if you were unfortunate enough to be born in poverty, then your life expectancy was minimal and no amount of home brewed and applied medicine was going to help - in this way the NHS saved millions, but took away the necessity and the motive for self help.

This attitude has permeated to all levels of the 'entitled' generation and no way could any organisation on the scale of the NHS provide that warped expectation, and so they are doomed to be always on the back foot and be kicked around by every political administration.

Personally I think the NHS is superb but I do live in a good postcode.

Good health is a partnership, and the recipient of healthcare has obligations too. The problem we face is when we run out of those healthcare professionals that believe in the system.

Bob's right, I've just spent 9 days in hospital. Who's paying for me?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I cant see how paying for healthcare is going to work, what happens to those who bang on past retirement for twenty years plus that have no savings , children and those in further education? Who bridges this gap and where from?Bob

Bob, I'm fairly sure Larry just forgot to tell you this...

What you are worried about has not been a problem.

Since 1966. We in the USA have had a program called Medicare, This is one of the most popular programs ever, which gives medical insurance to those over 65.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Please provide a LINK to any FOX news broadcast wherein any FOX News R-E-P-O-R-T-E-R 'reported' any of those things as facts as a part of his/her N-E-W-S piece.

Dick Morris Predicts Huge Romney Victory! - YouTube

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5Pa9YvAqLs"]► 5:18► 5:18[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5Pa9YvAqLs"]"Here Comes The LandSlide" - Dick Morris Predicts Huge Romney Victory! On Greta - YouTube[/ame]
Nov 5, 2012 - Uploaded by Mass Tea Party
Morris: Romney Will Win 325 Electoral Votes To Obama's 213 "Here Comes The LandSlide" - Dick Morris ...

If ever you needed proof that Republican partisanship trumps truth and integrity on Fox, witness the return of the discredited Dick Morris as a legitimate pundit on Hannity last night.
You may recall that Morris’s contract with Fox was not renewed last winter in the wake of his wildly off-the-mark predictions that Mitt Romney would win the presidency in a landslide.

It was a prediction that Morris had “explained” by saying he was trying to help Romney’s floundering campaign. You may also recall that Joe Muto, aka the Fox News Mole, told Huffington Post that Fox News knows Morris is full of baloney.!!!!!!!

So when Morris and Fox news was broadcasting the bullshit about Romney winning in a "landslide"............

Now Morris admits he KNEW he was lying......
Fox news KNEW he was lying.....

They both knowingly lied in an effort to influence an election we were trying to "help Ronmey's floundering campaign"......

They not only have the nerve to call themselvs as a NEWS program, they call themseves "FAIR AND BALANCED"

Larry swears by there integrity

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
More of the same.....

default.jpg
6:56
pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif
Bill O'Reilly Lies to Bill Maher on Fox News Misreporting Cost of Obama Trip to India? by LiberalViewer1,856,642 views

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
You just refuse to 'get it', don't you.

Morris was clearly stating his O-P-I-N-I-O-N...Gretta Van S "reported" it as such. She did NOT - and FOX did not - report it as factual N-E-W-S.

The link in post #189 doesn't work...so, I'm going to assume it's the same kinda thing based on what I've seen/read to this point.

As I said B4, what you're calling "lies" are stmts of opinion made by guests - not stmts made by hard news reporters reporting these things as FACT.

OTOH every lie I listed (#180) came straight from the horse's mouth...so to speak...

Jim, correct me if I'm wrong, but if people were uninsured I would think it was because they couldn't afford insurance or have medical conditions that would cost them too much for insurance. Now that they have inexpensive or cost free Obamacare, how many healthy people will have to enroll to cover the 12,000 uninsured that you spoke of. I would think that would be 2 or 3 times the 12,000. With only 9,000 signed up. I think we have a problem, and that problem will lead to a taxpayer bailout of the insurance carrier.

Well Jim?

The problem we face is when we run out of those healthcare professionals that believe in the system.

Keith,

If its any consolation from my experience ( our daughter qualified as an NHS nurse not long ago ) many do still believe in the system the real problem is keeping them.

After a year of being put under enormous pressure for a newly qualified student nurse by having a patient nurse ratio of 14:1, and a year of being abused by ungrateful patients and their family's, she decided to go traveling with her boyfriend.

Currently they are in New Zealand where the patient nurse ratio is 6:1 and at some point they are going to Australia where I suspect the ratio will be similar to New Zealand. We can see her ending up nursing in Australia unless things change here.

Of course if she goes down that route we will try to persuade her to go to New Zealand instead much more civilised country and citizens than Australia. :eek:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Originally Posted by Al Wohlstrom
Jim, correct me if I'm wrong, but if people were uninsured I would think it was because they couldn't afford insurance or have medical conditions that would cost them too much for insurance. Now that they have inexpensive or cost free Obamacare, how many healthy people will have to enroll to cover the 12,000 uninsured that you spoke of. I would think that would be 2 or 3 times the 12,000. With only 9,000 signed up. I think we have a problem, and that problem will lead to a taxpayer bailout of the insurance carrier.

Al a good portion of the uninsured are relatively young, healthy folks who can afford health care, but they choose not to purchase it. They are being "encouraged". That is an important part of making this work.

They will need a certain per cent of these younger healthier folks sign up to make the numbers work.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Larry,

Mr Morris has admitted that he knew that Romney was not going to "win in a landslide". He knew that and Fox knew that.

You say he was just stating his opinion........

No Larry, Mr Morris just admited that his opinion was that Romney would loose......

So he was not stating his opinion, he was stating something he knew to be untrue in an effort to influence the electorate.

Fox News allowed someone to present infomation they knew was untrue in an effort to influence the electorate.

Even Fox knew this was wrong, they pretended to be outraged and made a big deal about not renewing Mr Morris's contract.......

But just a few months later he was back working for Fox News. There is an example of Fox integrity.

Larry are you OK with any "News Agency" presenting as "news" things they know to be untrue in an effort to influence an election?

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Larry,

Mr Morris has admitted that he knew that Romney was not going to "win in a landslide". He knew that and Fox knew that.

You say he was just stating his opinion........

No Larry, Mr Morris just admited that his opinion was that Romney would loose......

So he was not stating his opinion, he was stating something he knew to be untrue in an effort to influence the electorate.

Fox News allowed someone to present infomation they knew was untrue in an effort to influence the electorate.

Even Fox knew this was wrong, they pretended to be outraged and made a big deal about not renewing Mr Morris's contract.......

But just a few months later he was back working for Fox News. There is an example of Fox integrity.

Larry are you OK with any "News Agency" presenting as "news" things they know to be untrue in an effort to influence an election?

How about an ENTIRE ADMINISTRATION doing that 24/7/365? (Reread the list of examples in post #180.)

Provide a link to Morris's e-n-t-i-r-e, unedited, unaltered, IN CONTEXT statement wherein he's supposed to have admitted he "lied".

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
'I Felt That It Was My Duty': Dick Morris Speaks Openly About Why He Predicted a Romney Landslide

18587xa6p4nc1jpg.jpg
SExpand

At the end of October, disgraced former Clinton adviser turned Fox News contributor Dick Morris predicted Mitt Romney was going to win in a landslide. "Pollster John McLaughlin and I went through the actual results of the last four elections and on average, the Republicans had 1 percent more than the Democrats," Morris said in an interview with Bill O'Reilly about the New York Times' poll. "So that poll is off by a factor of 8. So instead of Obama winning by 1, Romney would win Florida by 7."
As we know now, Romney did not win in a landslide, with Obama even beating the Republican nominee in Florida. So, how did Morris get it so wrong? Simple: He was just saying what he had to say to delude the conservative base.
Here's what Morris, who is frequently touted on Fox News as "an analyst," a title connoting objectivity, told Sean Hannity in an interview last night (emphasis mine):

But later, Morris openly admitted his prediction was an election ploy:
Sean, I hope people aren’t mad at me about it… I spoke about what I believed and I think that there was a period of time when the Romney campaign was falling apart, people were not optimistic, nobody thought there was a chance of victory and I felt that it was my duty at that point to go out and say what I said. And at the time that I said it, I believe I was right.
In other words, don’t hold a grudge because I was only trying to help the home team.
But there’s good news for progressives in Morris’ latest prediction at the end of the segment:

Back