Palestinians are all about piece right?

The radical palestinian element. I'll send you those pictures if you'd like about how the palestinians are raising their kids.

The radical palestinian element. I'll send you those pictures if you'd like about how the palestinians are raising their kids.

Domtoni,

Not sure of your point.

Would you say there are at least 2-3% of radicals in the USA that don't want peace with the Muslims / Palestinians.

No one has quoted any serious sources, but it appears that the radical element in Islam is around 2-3% of the total population, probably higher with the Palestinians. I think all Americans want to be left alone.

I am not sure what you are trying to prove? Can you clarify?

I think all Americans want to be left alone.

Can you clarify?

Domtoni,

Really, all of them?

What percentage of non Muslim American citizens don't want Peace with the Muslim / Palestinians i.e. the "nuke them all brigade"

Israel wants peace and security. Do you blame them?

Probably more importantly, what percentage of radical Israeli citizens would you say don't want Peace with the Muslim / Palestinians

Domtoni,

Really, all of them?

What percentage of non Muslim American citizens don't want Peace with the Muslim / Palestinians i.e. the "nuke them all brigade"

Probably more importantly, what percentage of radical Israeli citizens would you say don't want Peace with the Muslim / Palestinians

Nick, you're talking about 2% of 1.5 billion, or roughly 30 million radical muslims. There are only 12 million or so Jews in Israel.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Nick,

I learned long ago, that Domtony and Al will only answer questions if they like the answer. It's kind of like talking to the wall.

And when you finally pin them down, it suddenly becomes "boring or a waist of time"

Last edited:
So what percentage of radicals in Israel don't want peace.
Let's say for argument sake that it's the same percentage, 2% of Israelis are radical, that would be 240k, a bit of a stretch to 30 million. I wasn't home Jim, that's why I didn't answer. It was far less confrontational when you were sleeping. or whatever you were doing.

Let's say for argument sake that it's the same percentage, 2% of Israelis are radical, that would be 240k, a bit of a stretch to 30 million. .

Al nice try.

This thread has been all about Palestinians and Israelis. As I don’t know how you would estimate the number of other extremists around the world that support Israel, lets not muddy the waters at this point.

Let me state again categorically I despise the extremists on both sides they are as evil as each other, I suport those on both sides who want peace. I am just trying to show how you can get a distorted unbalanced view of things.

So using your figures, on one side of the divide in Israel we have 240,000 Israeli extremists who do not want peace at any cost 2% of the population. On the other in Palestine we have 80,000 Palestinian extremists who do not want peace at any cost 2% of the 4 million population.

Playing Devils advocate

The argument posted on this thread many times is that the Israelis are provoked by the Palestinian extremists, and therefore their actions are justified. Using the figures you have provided there are actually 3 times more Israelis provoking Palestinians than Palestinians provoking Israelis, food for thought perhaps?.

Last edited:
There are about 6-7 million in Israel and 20% of that population is not Jewish and so the percentage of radical elements is hard to estimate for any group. However, with wrong figures to begin with than one may rightly assume all figures lack any merit.
From the beginning I thought this would get no where and this use of incorrect or guessed numbers makes it more likely the subject is opinion more than factual.
Mort

Al nice try.

This thread has been all about Palestinians and Israelis. As I don’t know how you would estimate the number of other extremists around the world that support Israel, lets not muddy the waters at this point.

Let me state again categorically I despise the extremists on both sides they are as evil as each other, I suport those on both sides who want peace. I am just trying to show how you can get a distorted unbalanced view of things.

So using your figures, on one side of the divide in Israel we have 240,000 Israeli extremists who do not want peace at any cost 2% of the population. On the other in Palestine we have 80,000 Palestinian extremists who do not want peace at any cost 2% of the 4 million population.

Playing Devils advocate

The argument posted on this thread many times is that the Israelis are provoked by the Palestinian extremists, and therefore their actions are justified. Using the figures you have provided there are actually 3 times more Israelis provoking Palestinians than Palestinians provoking Israelis, food for thought perhaps?.

Nick, You are the one that brought the muslims in with "Probably more importantly, what percentage of radical Israeli citizens would you say don't want Peace with the Muslim / Palestinians" Sorry if I misunderstood you.

There are about 6-7 million in Israel and 20% of that population is not Jewish and so the percentage of radical elements is hard to estimate for any group. However, with wrong figures to begin with than one may rightly assume all figures lack any merit.
From the beginning I thought this would get no where and this use of incorrect or guessed numbers makes it more likely the subject is opinion more than factual.
Mort

Mort,

I agree 100%.

Nick, You are the one that brought the muslims in with "Probably more importantly, what percentage of radical Israeli citizens would you say don't want Peace with the Muslim / Palestinians" Sorry if I misunderstood you.

Al,

You did, but no worries, like many I am often a misunderstood person.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Nick, and Jim C., please note I was playing by Nick's rules,

Mort hit the issue head on, its useless to make up statistics and try to defend or refute them.

With the greatest respect I am not sure what rules of mine you were playing by. Unless you can prove me wrong I’m fairly sure the first post mentioning a percentage figure was yours

It sounds like the majority want peace but the radicals (2-3%) don't, and the moderates don't stop them (kind of like appeasement before WW2), then the violence continues.

At this point because you had stated a percentage, I started asking what percentage of radical Israelis you thought there were.

Domtoni,

So what percentage of radicals in Israel don't want peace.

It took a bit of time but in the end Al put the figure at 2-3%.

I agree with Mort, at times it did seem pointless, however I do feel underneath it all I have achieved what I set out to do.

Both yourself and Al appear to have conceded that there are Israeli radicals that do not want peace.

So with the concession that there are both Israeli and Palestinians that don't want peace isn’t it time the title of the thread was changed ?

Last edited:
Nick,

Thanks for your post, but my 2-3% figure refers to Palestinian / Arab / Muslim radicals. I firmly believe that no Israeli / Jewish radical would exist if it were not for the threat against Israel. Jewish settlers are known to carry arms in Jerusalem basically to protect themselves against attacks from Palestinians.

I have been to Israel twice in the mid-1980s, once for tourism and the second to visit a customer. The first visit was from a Christian Arab perspective the second a Jewish. After my tourist visit, I came away in support of the Palestinians. I have only recently moved my support away from the Palestinians (Christians are moving out because of the problems with Muslims) because of the violence we see by muslims everywhere else in the world. The guy who got me into the nutso career almost 40 years ago has a house in Tiberias and I just may go and spend a few weeks there during the winter. I can then give you my impressions of Israel at that time.

The rules that I noted above were the non response by yourself to my questions. Sometimes its better that we just drop our point instead of furthering any anger or bitterness. We are just expressing our opinions, and as axxx holes, we all have them.

Nick, The Israeli's are not attacking the Palestinians, they are retaliating. The Palestinians have suicide bombers, rocket and mortar attacks that they use against the Israelis, the Israelis retaliate. If the Palestinians stopped the attacks, it would probably go far to make peace possible. I think the Israelis have been very good at not going nuts after all these years of attacks. You can't expect someone to be nice to you if slap him in the head every time he turns around, and you can't be surprised when he beats on you after every slap.

Back