Pete's Pony car restoration.

Pete, you've got her looking like a Shelby GT350 so go with the Cobra covers. Keep the Ford ones for later in case you're ready for a little change. You are really going to enjoy this car as a daily driver. Did you guys put in a rack and pinion steering? They make kits for all that stuff that you can add later as you go. I'll bet that almost all the US guys had/have a Mustang and any that did still misses having one. I know I do.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Progress has slowed I'm waiting on parts from the U.S. A couple more pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0651.jpg
    IMG_0651.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_0648.jpg
    IMG_0648.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_0649.jpg
    IMG_0649.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 298

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Mike,
Carpet and seats fitted, sound system, air conditioning all done. The engine was fired up today.
All we have left to do is fit the exhaust system and get ride height and suspension done. It should be ready before Christmas.
Sorry about the quality of the photos, taken on my cell phone.

Attachments

• IMG_0700.jpg
    IMG_0700.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_0701.jpg
    IMG_0701.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_0703.jpg
    IMG_0703.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_0704.jpg
    IMG_0704.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0706.jpg
    IMG_0706.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 233

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Hi all, the restoration is nearly finished just a few minor things I'm waiting on. Clock and Tacho to arrive from the U.S., the originals were sent for repair and six months later we were told they could not be. Some minor paint work to be redone and new door handles to be fitted. We are only about six Months behind schedule, not bad really.

Attachments

• IMG_0738.jpg
    IMG_0738.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0740.jpg
    IMG_0740.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_0741.jpg
    IMG_0741.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_0745.jpg
    IMG_0745.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 281

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Pete, how is that Pony car of yours? Are the last few things finished?

Hi Dalton, it is an on going project, I drove it around for a few kilometers and came up with a list of 19 things that need to be attended too.
The "refurbished" diff has a bearing noise, the air-conditioner has lost its gas, the fuel tank sender is faulty etc. I wont boor you with the entire list.
Apart from the diff noise they are all minor but frustrating.:sad:

Neal thanks.

http://s779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/Dusk1111/My%2065%20Mustang%20restoration/?albumview=slideshow

Last edited:
Pete, sensational looking restoration. Just love those early Mustang's.

Sounds like I should start keeping an eye out for it. Once you get that final list sorted I expect you will be wanting to put some miles on it.

It would have been perfectly at home at Wintersun.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Bloody hell!!!!

The damned drugstore had the negatives flipped over when they made the prints!!!

Just jesting.... :laugh:

:thumbsup: What a beautiful car you've built there... Fabulous job!!! :thumbsup:

Nice slide show Pete. Thanks for sharing with us your restoration project. It sure does bring back memories of my own Mustang restoration's from some years past.

Back