Pics of Rear Bobywork Hinge needed

Doing a scratch build......does anyone have any pics of the hinge used for the rear bodywork? Have you used bearings, or rubber/nylon bushes etc? I take it there is no way of having a bar go from one side to the other due to the end of the gearbox (offset around it?)?

If any of you guys could take some pics I'd be very grateful. I have large cast bearing housings at the moment and although they work, they are totally over kill. I would also like to support the body work better if possible, so I will be making some major changes!

Cheers,

Mark.

Dear Mark

Here is a picture taken of my Dax Mark 1. The photo was more to deal with the rear suspension/brake unit, but hopefully if shows how the rear clip hinge is fabricated.

Regards

Stephen

Attachments

• RearBrake_1129.jpg
    RearBrake_1129.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 438
Mark,
Check these out this is what I made to do the rear bonnet, it will also lift strait off the back. I have drawings of them to If you want them PM me.
Bob

Attachments

• DSCN0194.jpg
    DSCN0194.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 296
  • DSCN0197.jpg
    DSCN0197.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 343
  • DSCN0199.jpg
    DSCN0199.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 324
  • DSCN0200.jpg
    DSCN0200.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 317
as always, thanks for all your help and advice guys. I now have a few options and need to consider which one will be easiest for my home grown chassis!

Mike Pass

Supporter
Hi Mark,
Here are acouple of pics I took of the white original car at the Cholmondely Pageant of Power earlier this year which show the rearclip attachment system. The idea is that the clip can be lifted off easily but the plate hooks under the pin when the clip is lowered. Mick Sollis at Southern GT does a very similar system. Hope this helps.
Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• Original car Cholmondely W.jpg
    Original car Cholmondely W.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 314
  • original white car Cholmondely POP W.jpg
    original white car Cholmondely POP W.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 304
Back