Porsche 911 GT1

Dusty

GT40s Supporter
I'm looking for a roller, even rebuildable track thrashed car. I have no idea the first person I'd go to to find one of these legendary Porsches.

These are super rare. I'd be surprised if you can find anything for under $1M. The street version goes from $1.5-2M, for example Rare Porsche 911 GT1 For Sale In Japan | AutoGuide.com News and Only Legally Registered Porsche GT1 Straßenversion In US Goes Up for Sale | 9magazine.

I would think that any race cars go for above that since they were very successful. Crashed version? Minimum $1M I would say...

What I'd do is get an SLC without a body and then have someone recreate the GT1 body on it. Drivetrain is already solved, because I put a GT3 motor in an SLC (same block as GT1 engine, except no turbos). :thumbsup:

Tim

expensive indeed, see this
$(KGrHqVHJBUE7)8Q49oGBPG17p02w!~~_27.JPG

Porsche GT1 as Sports car/Coupe in Cannes

Dusty

GT40s Supporter
Tim,

Good idea. Right now I am using the same strategy having Fran build a 962C off of a SLC chassis. I'm putting a 996GT2 motor with transaxle in the back. Not the same exact motor, as the orig car had a 2.7-3.0 single turbo'd 930 based engine with one head per cylinder. But with quality internals you can run a 996TT motor up to 1000hp all day long, with little to no lag. Just to confirm the orig 962 had titanium vlaves and con-rods?

For a 911GT1 I might do the same with the SLC chassis (I've seen GT1 body ktis for 993 cars) so the molds technically exist. Fran could fab a cage in similar dimensions as a 993 with extended rear clip.

I'm sure he's grinning ear-to-ear reading this ;)

Dusty - nice! Who is making the body for you? Fran?

Also, did you buy the drivetrain at LAPD? I've seen quite a few 996 GT2 motors becoming available. Which G96 are you using?

I'm going to stay NA I think and maybe at some point do the 3.9/4.0L conversion. Turbo is certainly an option though.

What's up with you porsche guys and porsche engines? Big block or bust!

As a good German, it's gotta be a German drivetrain... :)

There was a hand-built tube framed LS powered version of one of these for sale on the Pelican site (among others) a few years ago. Street legal and all carbon body/trim iirc and it was white, jsut like in the photo above.

Was cheap too...at least relative to what Tim quoted.
As a good German, it's gotta be a German drivetrain... :)
Wankel!

There is no reason with an SLC chassis, 996tt motor breathed on and a spartan interior why this cannot be built for less than $85k, very basic of course.

I for one would love to see Fran put this one on the books. Might even take the place of a 917 in the stable.

There is no reason with an SLC chassis, 996tt motor breathed on and a spartan interior why this cannot be built for less than $85k, very basic of course.

I for one would love to see Fran put this one on the books. Might even take the place of a 917 in the stable.

And the spankings it would deliver to the porchego would be....pri¢ele$$!

Well speaking with a 993 GT1 body of course...I would still venture to call it a RCR GT1 Revival.

Attachments

• white3.jpeg
    white3.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,761
  • kev1.jpeg
    kev1.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 2,261
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    294.4 KB · Views: 821
  • porsche_gt1_6-800-600.jpg
    porsche_gt1_6-800-600.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 883
  • yellow1.JPG
    yellow1.JPG
    193.1 KB · Views: 1,881
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 4,320
A particular talented gentleman by the name of Nick Dames (first link below under Similar Threads) has said that he has the molds of the 993 variant body and is able to build an original style chassis. He also said he can make the body out of carbon fiber, fiberglass and I'd imagine even jute if he is so inclined. He did report that the shoehorn (or is it cowhorn?) part of the chassis is troublesome to make and vital for the appropriate body and chassis shape. He also has quite a few other Group C and even IMSA cars I think (not sure if he currently has them) and I'd imagine he also can build the chassis and body (money talks obviously). He certainly has the skills to build it so I'd imagine you can ask him for a body + chassis. He did report that he's not so inclined to sell the body by itself.
Mr. Fran is offering the 962 although there was only one picture of it and it was a looongg time ago - (anyone has any updates?). If he offered the 911 GT1 as well, he'd truly be the KING replica community. The 1998 GT1 is specially appreciated :p

There was a chap on here who could build you one from a 993 with all the correct parts as he looked after a lot of the race cars in the UK - have a search on here!

Which do you guys think is more beautiful, the 993 GT1 or 996 GT1?
Yellow is 993, silver is 996

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 1,289
  • yellow1.JPG
    yellow1.JPG
    193.1 KB · Views: 693
  • Porsche-996-GT1-EVO-Strassenversion_6.jpg
    Porsche-996-GT1-EVO-Strassenversion_6.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 3,149
  • porsche996gt1evostrasse.jpg