RCR Chassis #14 Ron McCall

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
The stripes are like the Cherry on top of the Sunday!

I like the license plate too.. It needs a license plate frame that say's DEEP on top! :)

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Ron -

Come and finish my car :)

That stripe and splitter look hot. 'Most excellent' work and I really love the way the car sits, the tires tuck very nicely in the rear fenders. That is the look that I love.

Sandy

Ron McCall

Supporter
Thanks for all of the positive comments everyone!!! You guys are what makes this the greatest forum on the net!!!

Chris: The stripes worked out PERFECTLY! You make a great product!!

Fran: I can't wait either!!!!

Sandy: Ship it to me and I will finish it! No problem!!!
Now that my car is just about finished,I need something to occupy my time! LOL

BruceB

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Supporter
Fabulous looking car and sounds beautiful also, all your hard work you has given me plenty of ideas when it comes to starting on mine:pepper:
Thanks for sharing it with us!

Ron-- Great job!!! Your car just keeps getting better and better. I agree with everyone else the stripes really set the car off. It's a beautiful looking car but I have to say that pantera in the background doesn't look so bad either. Thanks for all the pictures they have been a help to all of us.
Vaughn

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Ron,

At the risk of sounding just like everybody else, great job. But let me kick it up a notch.

When looking at your thread this week, my wife wandered into the office just about the time your latest pics came onto the screen. Donna, normally a very articulate woman, simply uttered "Whoa," followed by "Is our car going to look that good?"

You nailed it, man. Even the chicks are stopping in their tracks!

Best,

T.

Ron McCall

Supporter
Kit Car Builder Magazine just did a full "cover shoot" of my car at Carlisle!!!!!
The editor of KitCar Magazine also showed lots of interest in doing a feature!!!

Ron, I think I saw a spot of dust on it. Needs a fast drive, to clean it off.
You've really set the benchmark for builds with this. What are you going to nickname it? All cars with character have names.

Dalton

Ron,
Congratulations..... It is good to see someone who did the build, get some rewards. Very clean build. Something we builders can all shoot for(or wish for).

Bill

Ron McCall

Supporter
Thanks again for the great comments!!
I had the car at Pocono Raceway last weekend for a open track event. All I can say is "what a blast!!!!" The car handled the,very fast , track like a champ!!! I took it pretty easy the first day(it was a bit crowded) but the second day I gave it a bit of hell! The brakes worked flawlessly.The ,remote-mount electric water pump,cooling system also performed above my expectations.After 20-30 mins on the track the water temp was 180deg and the oil temp was 230deg.That is without a seperate oil cooler or the aux. fan turned on! The handling of the car was also very assuring.On the long back straight at Pocono,I hit 7500 rpm in 4th gear several times and even shifted into 5th for a second or so once.At that speed the car is incredibly stable!!! The only system that I wasn't totally happy with is the fuel system.It looks like I will have to go back to the drawing board on that one!
The only real problems all weekend were the seal on the cable shift mechanism failed and began to leak and I had a wire come loose under the dash for the gauges.The only other issue was that the friend that went with me exploded the clutch in his Ford GT and had to use my trailer to tow his car home .
The comments I got were all VERY positive and my friend ,who ownes chassis #1137,was very impressed with the engineering that went into the car.
I would really like to thank Fran Hall for making such an incredible package!!!!! I hope to get more track time on the car this summer .

Attachments

• 026_26.jpg
    026_26.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,313
  • 018_18.jpg
    018_18.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,272
  • 023_23.jpg
    023_23.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,315
  • 017_17.jpg
    017_17.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,300

Ron McCall

Supporter
A few additional shots!!!

Attachments

• 034_34.jpg
    034_34.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,219
  • 036_36.jpg
    036_36.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,208
  • 031_31.jpg
    031_31.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,193

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Awesome Ron !!!!!!! Congratulations...... :pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

OK.... so 7500 rpm in 4th equates to what? ;)

Rob

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
That's FANTASTIC!!!!

Now the question that's on everybody's mind....

Where's the VID-E-O ?????? :)

Back