RCR P4 Start up

Pete K.

GT40s Supporter
Wow, oh, WOW! Sweet sound (especially when it climbed up in the RPM when the throttle stuck just a bit)!

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Jim,
Absolutely fantastic car!! Very impressed with how it looks and especially how she sounds. I can't wait to see video of it running on the street. Beautiful car!!!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Dang that is sweet Jim!!!!

Whereabouts in So-Dak are you?

Jim, very, very nice! Sounds fantastic. Having fun tuning those SIX webers? Bought any distributor caps/rotors yet? Gotta love $300 caps and $150 rotors......

You're going to have a lot of fun with her!

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Very very nice! I sold my old Ferrari 400a to a guy in Wisconsin, I sure miss that old girl was a great car. Cliff, you can buy all the caps and rotors now from China. :) Less than $125 for both. I am an expert on those duel point, duel distributors. Those motors are bullet proof and one of the best Ferrari ever built for road use.

Thanks for the comments. 99% of the credit belongs to Fran and his crew. What a job! Every little step had to be a new challange - It's an awful big engine. The detail of their work really shows the pride. I've been doing a lot of wiring & plumbing. It hasn't turned a wheel yet - but soon. Still on the hoist. The first time it fired it scared the holy s**t out of me. The exhaust is 4 - 3" straight pipes, and it fired on about the first turn. I wasn't ready for it! But I haven't been turned on since I met my wife!

Randy, I'm near Aberdeen, SD, in the north central part of the state. If your ever get out this way, drop me a line.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Will do Jim....

I've raced there at the fairgrounds (Late models) but it's been a long time.. Still - the wife and I are looking for a good reason to take a couple day trip and we may end up in your neck of the woods! :)

Keep up the fine work!!!

Got me a little confused, did I do something wrong??
Perhaps it's an English vs American thing (bit it doesn't appear to be), but I think that you meant 'dual'. It gave a nice mental image of two distributors fighting though :)

Back on topic, that's a lovely sounding engine.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Perhaps it's an English vs American thing (bit it doesn't appear to be), but I think that you meant 'dual'. It gave a nice mental image of two distributors fighting though :)

Back on topic, that's a lovely sounding engine.
I thank who ever made the program for correcting spelling, still it doesn't help me all the time. Typing is not my bag.

Got the point.

Back