RCR's Next car should be.....

I have had the moulds for it for a long time....just waiting for the right time to make them ,Its a 1958 F1 246 Dino, they were developed and used in a movie about Mike Hawthorn

It kind of looks like this car in the back ground that showed up at my buddies cruise in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 485
Looks cool and similar but as I decided not to sell any yet and there are no truly real ones left.
The only ones are recreations using some original parts its unlikely to be the same car

Knowing you Fran you will make it lighter faster and better than the original.
And a hole lot cheaper
icon10.gif
than anything with an original part.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Wow....

100 pages - closing in on 2,000 posts with almost 250,000 reads :thumbsup:

Keep it up guys!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 235

Dusty

GT40s Supporter
Wow, 100 pages to this thread and counting!

Hmmm, maybe a Robertson GT-R with a Coyote engine gutted with Pankl bottom end with Del West top end. 550hp on pump gas should be legit using high rpm.

I should be taking delivery of one very similar very soon!:thumbsup:

Dean, is your project a one-off custom build from RCR? Or is this a new product that will be available at some point? I know there were a few posts on this earlier, but don't think that was made clear.

Its a new production product ...

it is the very same race widebody shape, as run in the ALMS series in 2009-2011 and finished 3rd in class at Le Mans in 2011

Dean wanted to be the first victim...sorry customer to have one.
Its currently a track package ...and is has little to no options other than shocks and brakes upgrades and will retail around the same price as the SLC and LMP1

............Its currently a track package ...and is has little to no options other than shocks and brakes upgrades....

Exciting stuff. I can't wait to see Dean's build!!

Does this mean a street/track project would be impossible? ...Or just more difficult than an SLC?

It will be like a lot of my previous builds, track car in spirit but street legal (at least in Illinois). It is a new production so it will probably take a little longer than my last builds just because it hasn't been done before.

Back