RCR's Next car should be.....

Talking about Ford re entering ALMS or whatever there calling the mix of LeMans type cars here and abroad brought up an idea. This may have been touched upon in the last 109 pages and wouldn't shudder if it was me.

Panoz Batmobile!

badd a$$ LMP type car with traditional engine layout. Fran, this could be the car for your MEGA hp lovers. Alex or John Ross listening? Any 1000hp engine from V12Benz to TT LS with C6 transaxle! Not some lame or often copied body. Not something so obscure and ecentric that only their parents could love it. I love Type 54's, but there would be no market over here in the States. The Panoz for most that can afford one is in our memory bank. A memory that we stateside fans could root for and be proud of! Our Eagle or Scarab of modern days!

Panoz Batmobile!

badd a$$ LMP type car with traditional engine layout. Fran, this could be the car for your MEGA hp lovers. Alex or John Ross listening? Any 1000hp engine from V12Benz to TT LS with C6 transaxle! Not some lame or often copied body. Not something so obscure and ecentric that only their parents could love it. I love Type 54's, but there would be no market over here in the States. The Panoz for most that can afford one is in our memory bank. A memory that we stateside fans could root for and be proud of! Our Eagle or Scarab of modern days!

Oh, my God...

I'll quit chasing girls and bust my ass to finish my next book if Fran does the Esperante GTR-1!

Went to the Panoz Racing School at Road Atlanta in early 1999 and Jan Magnussen was howling around the track in one and managed to bang it into a tire wall.

Here's a recounting of my my Panoz experience, which was my introduction to driving on a road course:

Panoz

JR

The #18 Davidson SLC actually had an Xtrac trans and a V8 6.0L engine from the LMP Panoz.
We designed and fabricated a billet bellhousing to join the two pieces together as they were at opposite ends of the car in the LMP car.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Wow. If there was ever a corvette/viper killer this is it!

Attachments

• 1998_panoz_esperante_gtr-2.jpg
    1998_panoz_esperante_gtr-2.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 666
  • 416.jpg
    416.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 646

HCF - John

Gearbox / Brake Systems
Wow. If there was ever a corvette/viper killer this is it!

I remember seeing one of these Panoz' painted purple and running the Mitty a couple years back (Road Atlanta). Really striking car - wish I could find my pictures of it - but the height of the engine bay would make it extremely hard to see out the front. Or that was my recollection, anyway!

I would love to see Fran build a proper tube frame replica of the Porsche 718 RSK/RS60:

3483-2.jpg

800px-Porsche_1958_Type_718_RSK_Spyder.jpg

Here is one that fetched $3.4 M at auction in 2012:

1041579.jpg

With a proper tube frame instead of the shortened beetle platform and a choice of air cooled and water cooled 4 cylinder engine options this could be a great relativity affordable car perhaps in the $50,000-$60,000 range. I cannot find anyone in the US currently offering this car as a replica that has a proper tube frame. What are your thoughts guys on this cool little car?

Brett, my sentiment exactly. There is Paul Foreman in the UK (not yet available in the U.S. but planned) finishing up his first and expected to offer chassis to rollers.

Sorry, but that's one confused car. It looks like a hot rod and an F1 car had a crash - apparently, the F1 car won on engine location.
That's exactly what it is Roger, hence the title of the article, "Automotive Mashups." ;) It's nutty and makes no sense but IMO, it sure is pretty. Obviously it's not for everyone but this thing has been making its way around the interwebs lately and the response has been insane.

That's exactly what it is Roger, hence the title of the article, "Automotive Mashups." ;) It's nutty and makes no sense but IMO, it sure is pretty. Obviously it's not for everyone but this thing has been making its way around the interwebs lately and the response has been insane.

I love it Matt! Nothing wrong with some creativity! If you're a fan, you should see the one Brian Fuller is building for JetHot... 32 Ford with a Kaase 429 engine and AWD. Just Google Double Down Deuce.

Jeff-

I love it Matt! Nothing wrong with some creativity! If you're a fan, you should see the one Brian Fuller is building for JetHot... 32 Ford with a Kaase 429 engine and AWD. Just Google Double Down Deuce.

Jeff-
Very cool, Jeff! I like that a lot!!

Back